Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #3

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Ranger's Fall 2020 Prospect Rankings

1. Alexis Lafreniere (F) (2020 Draft - 1st Round) (Not Ranked)
2. Igor Shesterkin (G) (2012 Draft - 4th Round) (E)

cut.jpg

Morgan Barron has been included in the poll​

Players available to be added:​

PlayerAgePosition
Dylan Garand18G
Adam Huska23G
Olof Lindbom20G
Hugo Ollas18G
Tyler Wall22G
Leevi Aaltonen19F
Brett Berard18F
Eric Ciccolini19F
Will Cuylle18F
Adam Edstrom19F
Jake Elmer21F
Gabriel Fontaine23F
Julien Gauthier22F
Tim Gettinger22F
Karl Henriksson19F
Riley Hughes20F
Patrick Khodorenko21F
Patrick Newell24F
Lauri Pajuniemi21F
Matthew Rempe18F
Justin Richards22F
Ty Ronning22F
Austin Rueschhoff23F
Oliver Tarnstrom18F
Evan Vierling18F
Brandon Crawley23LD
Libor Hajek22LD
Zac Jones19LD
Simon Kjellberg20LD
Jacob Ragnarsson21LD
Tarmo Reunanen22LD
Yegor Rykov23LD
Calle Sjalin21LD
Hunter Skinner19RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Miller is my favorite remaining prospect. Then Kravtsov and Lundkvist are tied for 2nd, but it’s gotta be Lundkvist here. He’s underrated around the league, and I think his ceiling is just as high as Miller’s, if not higher.

Add Cuylle or Jones

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Miller is my favorite remaining prospect. Then Kravtsov and Lundkvist are tied for 2nd, but it’s gotta be Lundkvist here. He’s underrated around the league, and I think his ceiling is just as high as Miller’s, if not higher.

Add Cuylle or Jones

FWIW, when you say add Cuylle or Jones, I'm taking the first name you say.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I just want to add that with Miller, there's this faulty narrative that he was bad last season. He got off to a slow start but rebounded to have a good year--I can go find the exact numbers, but he was the absolute best at controlled exits in the country, was one of the best at preventing entry, and had elite xGF numbers at 5v5. He was a really good player stuck on a terrible team. He was also a guy who didn't want to be a student, and evidently his struggles with school sometimes affected him on the ice (and led to his initial suspension). Playing pro hockey, where it is now his job, he's going to take off.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Kravtsov had a disappointing year but I think after seeing his start to the season this year it was just an anomaly. He still has the better upside of anyone else we have imo
Add Henriksson

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I just want to add that with Miller, there's this faulty narrative that he was bad last season. He got off to a slow start but rebounded to have a good year--I can go find the exact numbers, but he was the absolute best at controlled exits in the country, was one of the best at preventing entry, and had elite xGF numbers at 5v5. He was a really good player stuck on a terrible team. He was also a guy who didn't want to be a student, and evidently his struggles with school sometimes affected him on the ice (and led to his initial suspension). Playing pro hockey, where it is now his job, he's going to take off.

And all of that aside, he also looked much more comfortable practicing with NHLers than I expected him to.

As I said, I would take Lundkvist over him right now, but it's a narrow margin. I'm a bit surprised that Nils is running away from Miller and Kravtsov.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is what I wanted:

Wisconsin spent years recruiting a blue line centred on mobility, assertiveness, and confidence, headlined by Rangers’ 22nd overall, K’Andre Miller.

Instead of relying on those skills, the Badgers decided it was best to mitigate their strengths. Controlled exits were replaced with fast up-and-out plays, while inconsistent defensive involvement from the forwards led to Wisconsin’s defenders sitting back in the neutral. Well, except for Miller.
KAndre-Miller-Island.png

Not only did Miller post identical zone exit results to Hobey Baker winner Scott Perunovich (left), he led the dataset in controlled entry prevention rate, despite the rest of his teammates sitting at average (right). And compared to his teammates, he’s out on an island.

How Miller posted these transition results is even more impressive. While the average Wisconsin blue-liner with the middle in just 11 percent of zone exit attempts while under forechecking duress, Miller used the middle a staggering 46 percent of attempts. And this didn’t come with a loss in success rate – Miller’s exits result in Wisconsin possession in the neutral zone 91 percent of the time – 10 percent higher than Wisconsin average.

Still concerned? While Miller’s half-point-per-game clip seems underwhelming, it wasn’t indicative of his impact. He posted Expected Primary Points per 60 at a virtually identical rate to high-scoring blueliners Jack Rathbone, David Farrance, and Perunovich at 5-on-5. Ignore the noise — Miller’s still a top prospect.
10 Observations From a Year of NCAA Data Tracking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad