Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #16

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Went Khodorenko. Surprised he isn’t getting more attention. This kid had 1st round projection during his draft year but fell off due to injuries. Has been doing so much since then at the NCAA level. Just really seems like he has a legit chance to be an NHL center. Ceiling is likely a 3C. Good size and talent. People have Barron at #9, but I think the vibe around Khodorenko with his overall game and progression at the NCAA level is very similar to Barron tbh. And you have people ready to pencil Barron into the lineup.

I think they should all start in the AHL...fair or not, I normally want to see the undrafted signees play in the pros before getting overly excited about them cause there is often a reason they weren't drafted multiple times...but that said there is certainly a lot to like about both Khodorenko and Richards to boost our forward depth and potential fill cheap bottom 6 roles...

I think we are in the range now that both should be considered...and not sure if we'll do a mid-season with it only starting in Jan but wouldn't be surprised if at year end both have moved their way up the list.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think they should all start in the AHL...fair or not, I normally want to see the undrafted signees play in the pros before getting overly excited about them cause there is often a reason they weren't drafted multiple times...but that said there is certainly a lot to like about both Khodorenko and Richards to boost our forward depth and potential fill cheap bottom 6 roles...

I think we are in the range now that both should be considered...and not sure if we'll do a mid-season with it only starting in Jan but wouldn't be surprised if at year end both have moved their way up the list.

Mid season could be March.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
People really have to stop with the new toy fascination and go with guy sthat can add a sure thing to the team. That's Richard's. Elite defensive and faceoff skill. Something our forwards have been lacking. I think he's a got a shot to make the 4th line out of camp.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
People really have to stop with the new toy fascination and go with guy sthat can add a sure thing to the team. That's Richard's. Elite defensive and faceoff skill. Something our forwards have been lacking. I think he's a got a shot to make the 4th line out of camp.
LOL we signed Richards in April. How are the guys we drafted a few months later "new toys" but he's not? :laugh:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Panjuniemi based on the skills. He’s a bit one-dimensional, but you can’t sleep on the results of that one dimension ends up translating at the higher levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad