Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #13 (Tie Break)

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Sorry guys, busy work day.

I will only leave this thread open for 4-5 hours. The loser will not automatically be 14th, but if I see that the 14th poll is a blowout when I wake up, I will post a new one before I go to work.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
For the matter about the 14th poll being a blowout; if it happens in an hour before I go to bed, I'll just post the next one tonight!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Cuylle. On upside.

As I said in the last round, Hajek kind of regressed last year and he's not a guy with any single outstanding skill as it is. I'm not sure he has an NHL career. He's still young and can get back on track and I'm hopeful he will. But there are real doubts now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I expect Libor will have a fairly decent NHL career but within our scheme of things presently Hajek is easily replaceable. Cuylle if he pans out should give us something we need a lot more of.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
On reflection, I think @kovazub94 is right. I won't start the next poll until ~9:30EST, and will give the loser of the tie-break 14thOA.

I'll have to add three guys to that poll because Khodorenko and Richards are tied for the second spot among voters, but alas, them's the breaks.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
if anything it has more to do with people actually seeing Hajek play...since the trade there has been little good from him outside of like 5 games a rookie before he got hurt. potential is still there but he hasn't exactly helped himself in these rankings.

He hasn't helped himself but he'll play in NHL again. What are the chances of Cuylle or Henrikssen playing in NHL? IMO less than 50%. Probably 20-25%.

Reactions: Kendo

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
He hasn't helped himself but he'll play in NHL again. What are the chances of Cuylle or Henrikssen playing in NHL? IMO less than 50%. Probably 20-25%.
At this point, what are the chances Hajek is anything more than a below average bottom pair d? Probably below 20%. Veteran guys like that can always be picked up as free agents at around the league minimum

Would prefer someone further away with similar odds, but better chance to actually be a difference maker

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

based on what aside from one having already played in the nhl and pulling random numbers out of the air?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
At this point, what are the chances Hajek is anything more than a below average bottom pair d? Probably below 20%. Veteran guys like that can always be picked up as free agents at around the league minimum

Would prefer someone further away with similar odds, but better chance to actually be a difference maker

Probably 50% chance he becomes bottom pairing defensman. Guy isn't exactly old.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
based on what aside from one having already played in the nhl and pulling random numbers out of the air?

What are the odds of pick 58 and 60 making the NHL? Not overly great I'd assume.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'd take a 25% chance that Cuylle becomes a middle-six winger with size and grit, over a 50% chance that Hajek becomes a defensively-oriented #5/6.

It's not shiny toy. I love Barron, I would put Reunanen ahead of Hajek. Those guys have been here longer. I'm just really concerned about Hajek after last year. He can definitely turn it around but I think it's fair to be down on him right now.

Also, if our pool wasn't so deep, like if we had an an "average" system, Hajek is probably sixth or seventh. Given what he projects to be that seems totally reasonable.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd take a 25% chance that Cuylle becomes a middle-six winger with size and grit, over a 50% chance that Hajek becomes a defensively-oriented #5/6.

It's not shiny toy. I love Barron, I would put Reunanen ahead of Hajek. Those guys have been here longer. I'm really concerned about Hajek after last year. He can definitely turn it around but I think it's fair to be down on him right now.

Also, if our pool wasn't so deep, like if we had an an "average" system, Hajek is probably sixth or seventh. Given what he projects to be that seems totally reasonable.

My issue isn't seeing Hajek with a lower ranking. He deserves it. My issue is him being ranked below longshots like Cylle and Henriksson.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Funny thing is one of the best players in the world was pick 58 lol.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My issue isn't seeing Hajek with a lower ranking. He deserves it. My issue is him being ranked below longshots like Cylle and Henriksson.
I really like Cuylle and said so from the moment we drafted him. I don't think he's a longshot. I think he has enough NHL-caliber traits that he can make it even if he doesn't end up scoring a lot.

I would not have Henriksson ahead of Hajek so I agree with you there. I do think Henriksson is a longshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad