Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #13 (Tie Break)

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Silly that Hajek has fallen this far.
Not really if you consider that he had a not great season last year. He looked more promising in 2018 but blame that bum shoulder injury he got. Just hasn't been up to that level since. I don't think we've lost faith but the boy has some work to do to make up for lost time. I'm hoping he beat Jack Johnson out for a spot.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cuylle.

I like his ceiling AND floor more than Hajek's. His stagnant production from last season to this is a bit of a red flag but as long as he stays healthy hes an NHL player in some capacity.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Last thing from me--Hajek wasn't really ever a top prospect. He was a solid prospect, one I really liked, who looked like he could potentially be a good #4. A guy who was dependable defensively and could move the puck a little. That's great, but it's not a guy that is a top-five prospect in your system unless your system sucks. He was probably in the 6-8 range or something in an average system.

Now, that was before he basically had a lost season. That would cause him to slip. Factor in we have a great system. A guy who will be 23 during the season, looks more like a 5/6, and who just had a bad year, it's not some sort of terrible injustice that he'll be 13 or 14. If may even be generous, all things considered.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's ridiculous.

Shiny new toy syndrome.

Seriously I have not been impressed with Libor's first two years. He's not really a stay at home shut down D but he also hasn't made the adjustment to being a two way D. Edge was pointing out--8 points in 81 AHL games. The Rangers gave him a couple months at the beginning of 19-20 and he deservedly ended up back in Hartford and really didn't show better than Raddysh or LoVerde. Lindgren, Miller, Robertson and Jones have passed him by--an argument could be made for Reunanen and Rykov too. If he's going to be a player for us he has to beat out his competition. I don't see him doing it.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Just wondering, what counts as a tie break? If the votes are even? 5 votes apart? 10?

If the difference in the two voters is less than 10% of the total votes cast for other prospects.

So if they are separated by a single vote, then there had to be 10 votes in the poll for other prospects; separated by 2 votes, then there had to be 20 votes in the poll for other prospects; separated by 3, then 30; etc.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I really like Cuylle and said so from the moment we drafted him. I don't think he's a longshot. I think he has enough NHL-caliber traits that he can make it even if he doesn't end up scoring a lot.

I would not have Henriksson ahead of Hajek so I agree with you there. I do think Henriksson is a longshot.

When the #60 came up--Cuylle's was the first name in my head. To me he should have been mid 2nd round anyway. That was a Matt Robertson pick.

As for Henriksson--he's pretty much a top 6 or bust player--maybe he'd stick as a 3c but his two way game will have to be stellar for that to happen. The Rangers are stacked on the top lines now. They need to find more 2 way players who can grind and do the more unappreciated jobs and IMO Cuylle fits that bill better than Henriksson.

Reactions: Leetch3

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Silly that Hajek has fallen this far.

It silly that clowns like Jones and Reunanen were chosen over him. Smaller defenseman without the skill of a Fox, Lundkvist or DeAngelo. Like I said before. Hajek is so disrespected by this fan base it's sad. No surprise though. This fan base is the worst in the entire league by far when it comes to nitpicking on the teams defenseman.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
When the #60 came up--Cuylle's was the first name in my head. To me he should have been mid 2nd round anyway. That was a Matt Robertson pick.

As for Henriksson--he's pretty much a top 6 or bust player--maybe he'd stick as a 3c but his two way game will have to be stellar for that to happen. The Rangers are stacked on the top lines now. They need to find more 2 way players who can grind and do the more unappreciated jobs and IMO Cuylle fits that bill better than Henriksson.

I believe Henriksson can be a great third line C
He's responsible defensively and wins FOs
He's not a line driver so he needs a line driver on his wing. Someone who plays best with the puck.
If Chytil cant figure out how to win FOs and be better defensively(he did improve slightly last year), he be the perfect rw for henr.
And kreider will be sliding down to third line soon so i certainly can see our third line being kreid henr chy in the future
Kreid and chy played with howden for a stretch and that line played well
Henr is an upgrade to that line imo

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's not a line driver so he needs a line driver on his wing. Someone who plays best with the puck.
If Chytil cant figure out how to win FOs and be better defensively(he did improve slightly last year), he be the perfect rw for henr.
And kreider will be sliding down to third line soon so i certainly can see our third line being kreid henr chy in the future

I see Chytil as a center and so far his career arc is very comparable to Zibanejad's career arc. Chytil's defensive play improved quite a lot last year as well. Chytil is a better skater than Henriksson and all things being equal a big body in the middle is better than a small body in the middle. Let's keep in mind that Filip made his NHL debut as an 18 year old and Henriksson will turn 20 this year and is just getting his feet wet in the SHL. Henriksson is the one who needs to catch up to Filip not the other way around.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It silly that clowns like Jones and Reunanen were chosen over him. Smaller defenseman without the skill of a Fox, Lundkvist or DeAngelo. Like I said before. Hajek is so disrespected by this fan base it's sad. No surprise though. This fan base is the worst in the entire league by far when it comes to nitpicking on the teams defenseman.

Hajek's play over two seasons has not been great. It's not like being people are just gravitating toward a shiny new toy.

If Hajek was our second round pick in 2016 and not a part of the McD trade, the commentary would be how his game really has not translated very well to the pros.

He has something one goal and 8 points, along with a -36 in about 85 AHL games. In other words, we need to see him become a passable AHL player before we can really focus on the NHL.

Reactions: Leetch3 and pblawr

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's got a long way to go. He has some really nice skills but also some deficiencies that will be hard to overcome. He's obviously still very young, but in 32 games between Allsvenskan and the SHL he has 0 goals and 4 assists. He's playing on the top line with his team now, with Joel Lundqvist and Max Friberg. He has 2 assists, one of of which was a secondary assist on an ENG. There's no huge rush with him but he has a lot of work to do to turn his tools into actual production. He's not a year or two away or anything, so I don't know why we're talking about where he'll be slotting into the lineup. Personally I think the chances of him making it are still small, but even if he does he's probably not even getting a contract for 2-3 years unless he explodes before then.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's got a long way to go. He has some really nice skills but also some deficiencies that will be hard to overcome. He's obviously still very young, but in 32 games between Allsvenskan and the SHL he has 0 goals and 4 assists. He's playing on the top line with his team now, with Joel Lundqvist and Max Friberg. He has 2 assists, one of of which was a secondary assist on an ENG. There's no huge rush with him but he has a lot of work to do to turn his tools into actual production. He's not a year or two away or anything, so I don't know why we're talking about where he'll be slotting into the lineup. Personally I think the chances of him making it are still small, but even if he does he's probably not even getting a contract for 2-3 years unless he explodes before then.

I agree--he's going to have to become a very good SHL player and producer before we seriously think about bringing him over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->