Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Summer 2019) - #2

#2 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People are going to be more excited by the forwards, and I get that, but Shestyorkin is demonstratively the best player here right now.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
People are going to be more excited by the forwards, and I get that, but Shestyorkin is demonstratively the best player here right now.
Goalies are still harder to predict until they prove themselves in the show, so it's understandable the 2 forwards will go before him. He should easily be locked in at #3 though.

Reactions: broadwayblue

mti79

May 11, 2007
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised that this is a blowout. Thought it would be close between the 2 Russians. Voted for Shesty.

Add Lindgren but it's going to be Hajek I suppose

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

He's also 4 years older so that's not really that surprising.

Really hard to compare these guys anyway. I try and vote on these things with who has the most trade value, and I think that would be Kravtsov.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I accidentally voted Shesterkin last round but not accidentally this time.

He is far and away the most proven player of anybody in this group and is at least top 5 in player upside. I don't know how you can't vote for him.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm gonna keep it a buck. Lias freaking stinks. But in the past, while that used to totally hobble us with Hugh J or McIlrath, we would never get opportunities for redemption because of shortsighted dumb trades for old guys.
Giving on a kid who was 20 years old and spending his first year in North America seems a bit shortsighted. What were your feelings after Barkov's first year?
I'm not gonna give Gorton too many props for Fox. The kid forced that himself. Like Hayes and Vesey before him and hopefully several more afterwards. But now that we got picks we're cooking.
You are not going to give the person responsible for making a trade, the credit for making the trade? In which case, who gets it?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Still went with Shesterkin.

Love Kravtsov, and understand the concerns about projecting goalies, but this kid has done just about anything and everything you can ask a prospect to do outside the NHL. And he's done it extremely well.

Not that you can wrong with ranking either as your second best prospect. So whoever "loses" this round, is easily number 3 for me.

Reactions: Leetch3

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Fox add Georgiev

Head scratcher on how Lundkvist gets on there above Jiggy & Hajek. Seems like a GW running for president in Florida moment, lol.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I voted Kravtsov, I think he's in the in the States studying.......lol I mean working out with Prentiss and really taking this future NHL'er thing serious, which I freaking love. Plus by all accounts was awesome last year. I only saw him once in the WJC where he was out of position, so I am not an expert. With Shesty, I get the voting there but I just do not trust goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad