Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Summer 2019) - #2

#2 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking

1. Kaapo Kakko (F) (2019 Draft - 1st round) (Not Ranked) - (97%)

kaapo-kakko.jpg

Added: Adam Fox (D)
Please tell me who you want added

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Shestyorkin, add Georgiev.

I've voted Kravtsov over Shesty in the last two polls, I believe. Maybe it's just the day, but I have some extra confidence in Shesty at the moment.

They're neck-and-neck either way.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
I absolutely LOVE the direction of Gorton's sustainability philosophy during this rebuild.

Doing things the old, stupid way, we'd NEVER get first round picks to obtain more bites at the apple of elite talent.

I'm gonna keep it a buck. Lias freaking stinks. But in the past, while that used to totally hobble us with Hugh J or McIlrath, we would never get opportunities for redemption because of shortsighted dumb trades for old guys.

Look at the young talent we are stockpiling. Even if we missed on Lias (it happens), we still have Chytl, Howden, Kravtsov, Tony D, Trouba, Mika, Shesty and of course KK. Also instead of going after over the hill guys like Nash, Marty, Drury etc, we flipped a free pick from Hayes (who was kinda a bum, slow, and got a straight up ludicrously bad contract) for Trouba, a 26 year old #1 RHD.

I'm not gonna give Gorton too many props for Fox. The kid forced that himself. Like Hayes and Vesey before him and hopefully several more afterwards. But now that we got picks we're cooking.

I'd be 100% down to move Kreider before season as well.

Oh, my #2 pick is Kravtsov. Future looking bright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad