Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Summer 2019) - #12

#12 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking

1. Kaapo Kakko (F) (2019 Draft - 1st round) (Not Ranked) - (97%)
2. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (-1) - (77%)
3. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (E) - (69%)
4. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (+1) (57%)
5. Adam Fox (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (Not Ranked)
6. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (-2) - (50%)
7. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (E) (64%)
8. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (+1) (53%)
9. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (-1) - (64%)
10. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round) (+1) (64%)
11. Matthew Robertson (D) (2019 Draft - 2nd round) (Not Ranked) (44%)

robertson.whl_-690x388.jpg

Unofficial:

4. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st Round) (-2) (Graduated from list, played 19 too many games)
8. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st Round) (-2) (Graduated from list, played 2 too many games)

Added: Zachary Jones (D)
Tell me who you want added

Who is left:

LastFirstPos.Sh.
AaltonenLeeviFL
CiccoliniEricRWR
CrawleyBrandonDL
DaySeanDL
EdstromAdamCL
ElmerJakeRWR
FontaineGabrielFL
GettingerTimLWL
GroppRyanLWL
GrossNicoDL
HughesRileyRWR
HuskaAdamGL
KjellbergSimonDL
LeedahlDawsonLWL
LettieriVinniFL
LindbomOlofGL
MeskanenVilleRWR
NanneTylerDR
NewellPatrickFL
PajuniemiLauriRWR
RaddyshDarrenDR
RagnarssonJacobDL
RonningTyRWR
SjalinCalleDL
SkinnerHunterDR
WallTylerGL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
A little surprised at how low Lindgren's stock seems to be. If he has no particular obvious standout skill or ability, unlike many of these guys he HAS played a few games in the NHL and looked rather good doing it. Some of these gents may not make it that far...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Barron, add Pajuniemi

Very close for me on both ends. Tarmo, adding Aaltonen is next for me.

Went with Barron over Tarmo because I think Barron is closer to NHL

Won’t complain if Tarmo gets it over Barron though. I think they are neck and neck here and runner up will get next slot pretty easily

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Add Aaltonen.

People souring on Lindgren, probably because Hajek and Rykov are seen as better options in that draft class on the left side.

Still, it took Sauer until 23 break through.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don’t think anyone’s really soured on him, they just like other prospects better
Exactly. I haven't soured on Lindgren; I think he's a lock for a steady, third-pairing D-man.

Which means as long as I see prospects whom I believe have a chance to be more than a third-pairing D-man, even if a ways away, I'll continue to vote them over him.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I’m getting Kreider vibes from Barron...not sure if the upside is as big but there’s something there, IMO.

Going Barron here, with Keane coming next.

Add Aaltonen, who is one of the most unassuming prospects I’ve ever seen. Is he in the 8th grade? Makes Nils Lundkvist look like a grizzled vet...

And if I’m squinting hard enough to see Kreider in Barron, perhaps Aaltonen can lock in on Zucc as a hero. I see some similarities there.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Add Meskanen. He's done more than Pajuniemi who I see people adding.

I mean, he's also got 4 years on Pajuniemi.

We took Paju in the 5th round last year and he immediately looked to be a lock for the WJCs ahead of a couple older guys taken in earlier rounds in 2017.

Then he had injury issues and never got healthy quick enough to get back into that conversation. But he still played his entire season against men in Liiga and put up 13 in 42 while nearly playing 13 and a half minutes, as a 19 year old.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean, he's also got 4 years on Pajuniemi.

We took Paju in the 5th round last year and he immediately looked to be a lock for the WJCs ahead of a couple older guys taken in earlier rounds in 2017.

Then he had injury issues and never got healthy quick enough to get back into that conversation. But he still played his entire season against men in Liiga and put up 13 in 42 while nearly playing 13 and a half minutes, as a 19 year old.
His 19 year old season was basically the same as Meskanen's. He's on a similar track to Meskanen. However I've seen Meskanen play very well in Hartford, and I don't see anything that leads me to believe there's more upside in Pajuniemi. If I have two guys that I think have similar upside, and one is closer to reaching it, that guy is going to be my choice every time.

It's not a knock on Pajuniemi. Just pointing out that a guy who started off his career similarly and profiles as a similar contributor is knocking on the door in Hartford.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
His 19 year old season was basically the same as Meskanen's. He's on a similar track to Meskanen. However I've seen Meskanen play very well in Hartford, and I don't see anything that leads me to believe there's more upside in Pajuniemi. If I have two guys that I think have similar upside, and one is closer to reaching it, that guy is going to be my choice every time.

It's not a knock on Pajuniemi. Just pointing out that a guy who started off his career similarly and profiles as a similar contributor is knocking on the door in Hartford.

I actually like Meskanen more than most on here, but I don't think he was at Paju's level at the same age. He has shown that he fits the NA game well and I think at worst he's going to be a good 4A guy.

Meskanen only played 10 Liiga games in his 19 year old season, but put up a similar P/GP.

He never played a full season in Liiga until he was 21. When he did, he put up a little less than 0.5 P/GP. If Pajuniemi is only doing that in two years, he will of sunken out of site on our depth chart for sure.

That said, aside from two viewings of Paju, which I wouldn't say I took anything meaningful away from, I'm just stat watching. It probably doesn't hurt that he was flatout dominant when the spotlight was on him at the WJSS.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad