• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Gropp seriously fell this far?

I kind of like him for the 29 spot.

His season was a disappointment. There’s no way around it.

But it’s almost kind of overlooked that he actually had the second highest goal scoring pace in Hartford after Lettieri.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska, add Hughes.

Huska at 25 is a joke.
I agree, he should be at least five spots higher. Unfortunately I was stuck voting for Virta, then Nieves, and now Gettinger for multiple rounds each, or else I'd be pushing much harder for Huska. Though I did launch a couple spirited defenses for him ahead of Lindbom. :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I kind of like him for the 29 spot.

His season was a disappointment. There’s no way around it.

But it’s almost kind of overlooked that he actually had the second highest goal scoring pace in Hartford after Lettieri.

I think it’s overlooked because the expectations for a first year pro that still needs development time are out of whack. Just for example, as a 21-year old first year pro, Gropp scored goals in the AHL at about the same rate as Michael Ryder did as a 21-year old second year pro. Would anyone claim that Ryder didn’t develop after that?

I know some of the ways in which people are down on Gropp are more qualitative than that. More based on watching him play. In the two games I saw, both of which the Wolfpack were really awful despite Chytil and Andersson being there, Gropp was one of the more positive noticeable wingers.

He needs to show improvement this year... and then if he does, next year is really make or break for him, but I think it’s way too early for him to have been pushed down this far in the rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad