Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #25 Prospect

#25 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)
13. Ty Ronning (F) (2016 Draft - 7th round) (28%)
14. Vinni Lettieri (F) (Undrafted) (28%)
15. Sean Day (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
16. Ville Meskanen (F) (Undrafted) (32%)
17. Jacob Ragnarsson (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
18. Morgan Barron (F) (2017 Draft - 6th round) (31%)
19. Patrik Virta (F) (2017 Draft - 7th round) (34%)
20. Michael Lindqvist (F) (Undrafted) (30%)
21. Lauri Pajuniemi (F) (2018 Draft - 5th round) (23%)
22. Cristoval "Boo" Nieves (F) (2012 Draft - 2nd round) (31%)
23. Olof Lindbom (G) (2018 Draft - 2nd Round) (37%)
24. Joey Keane (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd Round) (38%)

Simcoe-keane27137742519_a8622b5a3c_o-1280x640.jpg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

----------------------------------------------​
Added: Gilmour

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be added:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Huska/Gilmour/Bigras/Gettinger/Fountaine is how I'd have it through to #30 (not necessarily in that order).

Gross/Sjalin/O'Gara/Hughes/Gropp in honorable mentions.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm sticking with my projection that Leedahl can be a NHL player. He just needs to take a step forward this season to around 30-35 points in the AHL. He plays a big man's game and his style of play is well suited for a 4th line winger role. He also has a ton of leadership qualities and is a tenacious worker.

No one will vote for him but that's my hot take

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm sticking with my projection that Leedahl can be a NHL player. He just needs to take a step forward this season to around 30-35 points in the AHL. He plays a big man's game and his style of play is well suited for a 4th line winger role. He also has a ton of leadership qualities and is a tenacious worker.

No one will vote for him but that's my hot take
That's a pretty big leap, basically doubling his extrapolated point totals. I honestly think he's just as likely to split time between the AHL and ECHL again as he is to stick in the AHL, particularly with all the other depth.

Also, I know Hartford sucked last year, but 35 points would have put him fourth on the team. 35 points and you're basically a .5 PPG player in the AHL. I really don't see that from Leedahl who doesn't have much offensively.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Our 16-30 is likely gonna be a lot less accurate than our 1-15, but that's not atypical. If we get 2 career NHLers from that 16-30 slot it'll be a good haul.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That's a pretty big leap, basically doubling his extrapolated point totals. I honestly think he's just as likely to split time between the AHL and ECHL again as he is to stick in the AHL, particularly with all the other depth.

Also, I know Hartford sucked last year, but 35 points would have put him fourth on the team. 35 points and you're basically a .5 PPG player in the AHL. I really don't see that from Leedahl who doesn't have much offensively.

The team was awful offensively last year as well though. How much did that hurt his point totals? The team looks to have the potential to be better.

I don't think going from 15-20 points(extrapolated out) to 35 points for a kid who was 21 and is now 22 is asking for all that much.

Reactions: nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There's a lot to be said for this prospect pool. There's a lot more talent at the top end and a lot of depth--none of the guys that we're still voting for are terrible prospects and there are a few after them besides such as O'Gara, Crawley, Gropp, Sjalin and Hughes. That's about 35 guys right there with at least a reasonable shot at being pro players (if not NHL players).

Personally I think there's a bunch of NHL players that are going to come out of our top 12 and very good chances for several others.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The team was awful offensively last year as well though. How much did that hurt his point totals? The team looks to have the potential to be better.

I don't think going from 15-20 points(extrapolated out) to 35 points for a kid who was 21 and is now 22 is asking for all that much.
I think one of the reasons the team was awful offensively last season is because guys like Leedahl were actually being asked to contribute rather than just soak up minutes on the 4th line and PK (where Leedahl did look good in the handful of games I saw, even though the PK was generally trash).

He played 38 games last year and had 8 points; so he was on pace for 16 over 76. To get to 30, again, he has to double his production, and he has never been a scorer, even in Juniors. His "good" offensive season was in reality an incredibly mediocre over-age campaign on that stacked Regina team that also fooled people on Zborovskiy. For his WHL career, he averaged .64 PPG. To ask him to get to even .4 PPG (30 points) this year in the AHL I just think is a really big stretch.

He'll also be competing with prospects Gettinger, Gropp, Ronning, potentially Meskanen and/or Lindqvist; veterans like Butler and Schneider; older guys that normally play C but also the wing like Fogarty and Fontaine; random new guys like Salvaggio and Quinn's boy Melanson; and on and on. Hartford is packed this year, certainly at wing, and depending on how the big club shakes out, could have guys like Andersson or Chytil either on a wing or pushing other guys to wing. It's gonna be really tough for him to force himself into a bigger role with bigger minutes when there are so many other higher-profile players down there.

I actually like Dawson Leedahl and said as much last year. I think if he sticks with what he's good at--throwing the body around, battling hard, being defensively responsible, playing well on the penalty kill--he can potentially turn into a fourth line player. For me personally, what I want to see out of Leedahl is for him to stick in the AHL all year facing a big influx of talent and competition. And then, if he can stick the whole year and pot 15-20 points while doing those things I listed above, I'd consider it a success. To me, he's Steven Fogarty who plays on the wing, and in his favor, is a few years younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad