Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #20 Prospect

#20 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Depending on potential promotions and performances, Keane is a kid who could very easily soar in these rankings over the next 12 months.

Keane reminds me a bit of Pionk in that he is not that crazy high ceiling guy, but it feels like he's likely to reach the potential. Does that make sense?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Keane reminds me a bit of Pionk in that he is not that crazy high ceiling guy, but it feels like he's likely to reach the potential. Does that make sense?

I gotcha.

I feel he's an easy kid to overlook because there aren't any particular elements of his game that jump out, and he's not a kid whose ever particularly stood out as a top talent in any of his previous stops. As a result, there's probably a little bit of a hesitation to project him higher. But if he can pick up where he left off, he could generate a lot of attention this season.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm not going to pencil these Scandinavian wingers anywhere near the Rangers roster until we see them perform in the camp. I'm not even sure if both would earn a top6 spot in Hartford.

Well you don't have to pencil them in until you get a good look at them. I will say that when the Rangers sign free agents like these it perks my interest. These signings don't always work out but they have worked out often enough with the Rangers. Coming out of the leagues they have been playing in the Rangers no doubt have been tracking both Meskanen and Lindqvist for a while......and guys who have been playing in the KHL, SHL or Liiga have a bit of an edge over College and CHL free agents like Vince Pedrie and Dawson Leedahl at least IMO.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Well you don't have to pencil them in until you get a good look at them. I will say that when the Rangers sign free agents like these it perks my interest. These signings don't always work out but they have worked out often enough with the Rangers. Coming out of the leagues they have been playing in the Rangers no doubt have been tracking both Meskanen and Lindqvist for a while......and guys who have been playing in the KHL, SHL or Liiga have a bit of an edge over College and CHL free agents like Vince Pedrie and Dawson Leedahl at least IMO.

I hear you. My comment about not penciling them in is due to beginning to see projected lineup for next season where at least one of them and sometime both are in.

To your point above, I definitely agree that they will be in competition over roster spots with these guys you mentioned and they likely do have an edge.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Never been terribly high on Boo.

Even now, I can't help but feel that Fontaine actually has a better shot of sticking as a fourth line center in the NHL than Nieves.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad