Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #25 (LAST SPOT)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Steven Fogarty won round 24. RW/D Tyler Nanne is the last prospect added to the poll. One last player has to be voted on for the Top-25 Prospects.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Every poll we have people who think they get to decide the rules. If you don't like the rules, go to another web site because here we use HF rules.

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Brady Skjei
3. C Oscar Lindberg
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. G Igor Shesterkin

SECOND TIER

6. C Ryan Gropp
7. G Brandon Halverson
8. G Mackenzie Skapski
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. D Ryan Graves
11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. G Magnus Hellberg
13. C Cristoval Nieves
14. C Aleksi Saarela
15. D Petr Zamorsky

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Richard Nejezchleb
17. C Brad Morrison
18. C/LW Marek Hrivik
19. D Sergey Zborovskiy
20. D Calle Andersson
21. LW Ryan Bourque
22. D Ryan Mantha
23. RW Daniel Bernhardt
24. C Steven Fogarty

article_3604_117306156.jpg

PROSPECTS WHO DID NOT MAKE THE POLL:

Donnay, Troy
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Iverson. I don't have a ton of hope for him, but he's a year removed from being a third round pick, so he's young enough to still make things happen for himself.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
From the previous round:

but St Croix, Noreau, Nicholls, Kantor were odds on for the bottom 5 from the start, unless they really excelled
(and given their first game this year was during Poll#24, when was that gonna happen...

They could've made the AHL squad. To be fair, McCarthy made the AHL and still wound up in the bottom 6, but that's because he's already 24. By this age, you should be a very good AHLer to have any hope of making the NHL, though who knows, maybe he'll be one of those rare late bloomers.

I'm sure if St. Croix, who's still just 22, had made the AHL, he'd have shot up in our rankings. The reality is that no matter what the bunnies do, they will not be seen as legitimate prospects until they are out of the Swamp.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went Bodie, think he could be a Torey Krug for some team in the NHL.

Krug is short, not weak. Bodie is 6-feet, but weak. It's a lot easier to push around a guy who's 6-0 165 than 5-9 186. For Bodie to be as strong as Krug, considering the height/bone difference, he'd have to be around 200 pounds, which won't happen to a 25-year-old professional athlete (no teen growth gains, no beginner athlete gains) unless he uses steroids. By the time he's able to start weight lifting hard again, he'll be 26 because it's impossible to play pro hockey while being sore post-workout. Realistically, Bodie is looking at topping out at 180 pounds in a couple of years. That would be the minimum he'd need to make the NHL.

Look at Conor Allen, who's the same age as Bodie. He's built like a bull, plays excellent defense, can fight well along the boards, all the things Bodie is not. He still scored as many points (overall and per game) as Bodie last season and played one more season in the pros. Yet, he's still not in the NHL even though his two-way game should translate easier to the NHL.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Krug is short, not weak. Bodie is 6-feet, but weak. It's a lot easier to push around a guy who's 6-0 165 than 5-9 186. For Bodie to be as strong as Krug, considering the height/bone difference, he'd have to be around 200 pounds, which won't happen to a 25-year-old professional athlete (no teen growth gains, no beginner athlete gains) unless he uses steroids. By the time he's able to start weight lifting hard again, he'll be 26 because it's impossible to play pro hockey while being sore post-workout. Realistically, Bodie is looking at topping out at 180 pounds in a couple of years. That would be the minimum he'd need to make the NHL.

Look at Conor Allen, who's the same age as Bodie. He's built like a bull, plays excellent defense, can fight well along the boards, all the things Bodie is not. He still scored as many points (overall and per game) as Bodie last season and played one more season in the pros. Yet, he's still not in the NHL even though his two-way game should translate easier to the NHL.

Still think he could be effective for a lower level team like Carolina or even LA right now.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Went Bodie, think he could be a Torey Krug for some team in the NHL.

Krug is a year younger than Bodie, and a much thicker player. He's 11lbs heavier despite being 3 inches shorter. Bodie is a decent AHL OFD, but I honestly don't see him ever being able to stand up to the rigors of NHL physicality.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Krug is a year younger than Bodie, and a much thicker player. He's 11lbs heavier despite being 3 inches shorter. Bodie is a decent AHL OFD, but I honestly don't see him ever being able to stand up to the rigors of NHL physicality.

Still think he could be like Diaz/Krug, whether or not there is a weight difference. Think he could become a bottom pairing/7th defender for someone.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The last six or seven spots have been really hard for me. Guys like Lindblad, Bourque and Bodie I feel should be on there just due to sheer closeness to the NHL, but then guys like Iverson, Nanne, Bernhardt etc. deserve a nod based on potential. I've had a harder time justifying my votes this year than in polls past.

I'm going with Iverson.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
most of the guys from 20-30(ie including the guys we choose from now) could just as easily been among 13-25,
there's a lot of subjective hopes behind rankings of guys like Mantha, Z-bob, Bern and even Nej
which is good thing,
aside from a few sure things, all prospects are a crap shoot,
so depth is how to maximize that up to a handful few pan out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad