Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #2

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
For the second time in a row, winger Pavel Buchnevich won the honor of being our top prospect. RW Robin Kovacs is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that McIlrath, Clendening, Paliotta, Skjei and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich
Winger -- shoots L
Born Apr 17 1995 -- Cherepovets, Russia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 176

2015-16 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 18 16-21-37 24PIM

maxresdefault.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Clendening, Adam
Day, Sean
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Gilmour, John
Gropp, Ryan
Jensen, Nicklas
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Morrison, Brad
Nieves, Cristoval
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Reunanen, Tarmo
Skapski, Mackenzie
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Still going with Vesey and this round it shouldn't even be close hopefully based on his Traverse and preseason play.

Add Skapski because I'm not going to hold last season's play with an injury against him. He was excellent as a rookie and against excellent this preseason.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Still going with Vesey and this round it shouldn't even be close hopefully based on his Traverse and preseason play.

Add Skapski because I'm not going to hold last season's play with an injury against him. He was excellent as a rookie and against excellent this preseason.

Same (though I went Buch in the first round).

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Vesey. Incoming blowout.

add Clendo

-----
Oh, and if we are going by HF standards of a prospect, which you stated we are, then Hrivik is no longer considered a prospect:
If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
Hrivik is now 25 years old.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Vesey. May not have the highest end potential, but he's more ready to contribute than any prospect we have. See him topping out as a very good 2nd liner.

Add Reunanen.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope Skjei manage to be a top 4 defenseman this season even though I voted for him - I see Skjei among the core of defensive players this season.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I can't believe all the votes for Day to be added already. He's proven nothing.

I agree, he should be nowhere near the top 10.

He has potential to be a fast riser on the list, but right now? He has nothing on his resume' but being a highly touted player 3-4 years ago who hasn't been able to put it together.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think this poll is pretty much concluded. Seems like Vesey will take this by a mile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad