Confirmed with Link: Rangers president John Davidson discusses state of team | Our Line Starts | NBC Sports

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Good find. I'm actually I think one of the few here who doesn't hate Pierre McGuire. He can be ****ed up at times but he's got a good and a happy personality and he does a nice interview with JD here.

I don't like Pierre when he talks about Crosby when he isnt in the game he is working . I find him entertaining most of the time and his knowledge is useful. Milbury can be let go. He is horrible. I can watch John Davidson tell stories all day

Reactions: Baby Punisher

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Pierre is insufferable on the national broadcasts but when he does these one on one interviews he does a great job. He is knowledgeable, which might be part of why he is so annoying on television, trying to show off how much he knows, but he did a great job. He really does know good questions and when to get out of the way. Perhaps he would be a very good hockey podcaster. He should consider it. Great interview though. It's a shame those 70s teams didn't win a cup.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Wonder who the set decorator is? Putting a NYR puck on top of another puck is genius!

To say nothing of the cracks in the wall and the cell phone ringing in the background lol

Pulled out ALL the stops

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If you ever have a chance to meet John, take advantage of it. Great guy, equal parts personable and knowledgeable. Great sense of humor and sincere.
@Amazing Kreiderman can verify this, but when we flew to Vancouver, my goal wasn’t to meet kakko....it was to meet jd.

truly the most amazing hockey related thing in my life was meeting him. The guy is basically me hockey idol.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
@Amazing Kreiderman can verify this, but when we flew to Vancouver, my goal wasn’t to meet kakko....it was to meet jd.

truly the most amazing hockey related thing in my life was meeting him. The guy is basically me hockey idol.

I always loved working with and talking to him. I was 18 when I first met him and he couldn’t have been nicer.

We developed a good working relationship over the years we were around each other, and I’ve always enjoyed catching up with him over the years. I’ve been a guest at his house, and even spent the night a few times when I was younger. He and his wife, Diana, are awesome, truly awesome people.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
What a great interview. Hopefully, we get a few more of those in the not too distant future. I really love JD. I am 45 years old and my most consistent memory of the NY Rangers is John Davidson. I remember being scared of his mask when he played. I also remember thinking he was a giant in the net compared to the guys around him. So picture 5-year-old watching this giant guy with a scary mask on a little TV. Back in those days, the Rangers weren't always on live TV either. It was the early days of cable. WOR used to broadcast them on this wacky schedule. My father used to listen to them on the radio or, we would go to my cousin's house in Brooklyn to watch the game with my Uncle Sammy who was a HUGE Rangers fan because he had cable, and a bigger TV. Anyway, I missed JD when he was gone. I thought of him often as did many of us on this board and rooted for his teams to do well. I am so happy he is back where he belongs on the NY Rangers.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I always loved working with and talking to him. I was 18 when I first met him and he couldn’t have been nicer.

We developed a good working relationship over the years we were around each other, and I’ve always enjoyed catching up with him over the years. I’ve been a guest at his house, and even spent the night a few times when I was younger. He and his wife, Diana, are awesome, truly awesome people.

I love hearing that people I admire greatly are just as I picture them in my mind

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Pierre did a good job because he didn’t make it about him. He asked questions and let JD answer. He didn’t try to show how much he knows. Just teed up the question and got out of the way.

Reactions: Embryo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ve met JD a few times great guy what you see is who he is.

haven’t met Pierre but I also like him. Zero problem with a guy who just genuinely loves the game and the league. Is he corny? Sure but that’s hardly a thing to not like a guy over. You learn that as you get older maybe

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
No question about Lias? Nice to ride down memory lane but how about asking questions about more players?

Reactions: Embryo
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
No question about Lias? Nice to ride down memory lane but how about asking questions about more players?
The interview may have been conducted before the Andersson "news" broke. Also, it's a hockey podcast, not a Rangers podcast. I don't know how much Ranger prospect talk would appeal to the larger audience.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I love hearing that people I admire greatly are just as I picture them in my mind

It's nice when it aligns. You meet a lot of people who are the opposite of what you'd think.

Guys you expect to be hard asses turn out to be genuinely nice guys. Guys you expect to be be nice guys turn out to be rude and snobbish.

JD is the type of guy you'd like to sit down and watch a game with. I also can't say enough nice things about his wife.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
This is what Pierre should be doing, just stay away from the hockey games, just interview people. We don't want to hear your voice while the game is on, once the game is over, go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad