Confirmed with Link: Rangers president John Davidson discusses state of team | Our Line Starts | NBC Sports

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
No question about Lias? Nice to ride down memory lane but how about asking questions about more players?
I liked that he asked about the 70's team and hearing JD talk about his playing time with the Rangers and the Cup run, great stuff, want to hear more. JD should have his own podcast, he would be great, just talking hockey for 6 hours a day, I would listen. But I know he can't do that with his current job.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
What a great interview. Hopefully, we get a few more of those in the not too distant future. I really love JD. I am 45 years old and my most consistent memory of the NY Rangers is John Davidson. I remember being scared of his mask when he played. I also remember thinking he was a giant in the net compared to the guys around him. So picture 5-year-old watching this giant guy with a scary mask on a little TV. Back in those days, the Rangers weren't always on live TV either. It was the early days of cable. WOR used to broadcast them on this wacky schedule. My father used to listen to them on the radio or, we would go to my cousin's house in Brooklyn to watch the game with my Uncle Sammy who was a HUGE Rangers fan because he had cable, and a bigger TV. Anyway, I missed JD when he was gone. I thought of him often as did many of us on this board and rooted for his teams to do well. I am so happy he is back where he belongs on the NY Rangers.
I am going to be 33 soon and yeah, JD and Sam were always there when I was growing up watching the Rangers with my pops, I still go back and watch those old broadcasts and get chills and nostalgia, such a warm dreamy feeling, all thanks to JD and Sam and the 94 Rangers.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I’ve met JD a few times great guy what you see is who he is.

haven’t met Pierre but I also like him. Zero problem with a guy who just genuinely loves the game and the league. Is he corny? Sure but that’s hardly a thing to not like a guy over. You learn that as you get older maybe

I appreciate Pierre's passion for the game. But I find his passion plays out in unsavory ways. He knows a lot — so much that he doesn't want to acknowledge he may not know something. And rather than admitting (internally) that he may not know something, he will double down on the minutia. And that means he can come off as a bit of a blowhard at time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->