Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Predators - December 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Really weird how some fans keep the blinders on perpetually. Fans are people that irrationally believe things about their favorite team no matter the circumstances. People should be able to step outside of the fan box to objectively look at their favorite team.

Why should they? Hockey is entertainment. People should enjoy it however they want to enjoy it. Who cares if it takes the form of optimism or apoplectic message board posts?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I agree with most of that article, but Chris Kreider and his 7 points does not tell the tale, he has been putrid and needs a benching

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm giving Kreider the benefit of the doubt because his play has gradually improved recently. If anyone deserves the healthy scratch, it's Kevin Hayes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Rick Nash had a great game. People complain because he doesn't finish -- which is their right -- but you need to look big picture. Nash had some prime chances he couldn't finish, crashed the net multiple times and had a team high nine shot attempts. When he scored a goal to get the mini-comeback started and people laugh and go "oh NOW Nash scores." If you think that you are a crab person.

Laughed in my office at that one. Now everyone is staring at me. Well, the five othe rpeople that are here...

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I'm giving Kreider the benefit of the doubt because his play has gradually improved recently. If anyone deserves the healthy scratch, it's Kevin Hayes.

Hayes can use a trade to another team while he's still young enough to have value in potential.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Ha, that's rich. I have blinders on cause I don't totally **** all over this team, gotcha.

I've been fan long enough to know you don't give up on every player just because one bad season. And this season isn't over, though looking at this thread you'd think most around here are novices to hockey or just whiny babies.

Just imagine if these fans were around in 1993, they'd all be having strokes ! Trade Messier, trade Richter, trade Amonte !

One bad season? No. What LA had last year was one bad season. We're talking about the culmination of multiple bad seasons from key players on top of a bad season from a few others, and a coaching staff that, if you did not know any better, looks like it's never done this before. This season is not over, but it might as well be. If you believe they are going to bounce back and turn things around, good for you I guess, but based on what exactly other than blind optimism?

This goes well beyond a bad season, and it's very easy to say things in hindsight regarding a team that eventually won a 'Cup.

Why should they? Hockey is entertainment. People should enjoy it however they want to enjoy it. Who cares if it takes the form of optimism or apoplectic message board posts?

I don't care, and you're right that anyone can have any view or opinion about this team they desire. However, if you do take the stance of blind optimism in the face of the facts, is it fair then to say that anyone who does not harbor that same viewpoint is "giving up" on the team? It goes both ways.

Accurate. Has been accurate all season.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
One bad season? No. What LA had last year was one bad season. We're talking about the culmination of multiple bad seasons from key players on top of a bad season from a few others, and a coaching staff that, if you did not know any better, looks like it's never done this before. This season is not over, but it might as well be. If you believe they are going to bounce back and turn things around, good for you I guess, but based on what exactly other than blind optimism?

This goes well beyond a bad season, and it's very easy to say things in hindsight regarding a team that eventually won a 'Cup.

I don't care, and you're right that anyone can have any view or opinion about this team they desire. However, if you do take the stance of blind optimism in the face of the facts, is it fair then to say that anyone who does not harbor that same viewpoint is "giving up" on the team? It goes both ways.

Accurate. Has been accurate all season.

The problem still is people like you claiming facts as facts. Imo your facts are cloudy, some truth, some personal opinion which you claim is fact. Welcome to a message board forum I guess.

Also, blueshirt banter falls in the same category, authority on nothing, just one sided opinions backed by lose facts.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Dallas will tear us apart next week.

200.gif

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
You know how this season is going when we need to compare ourselves to Buffalos defense just to make us feel better.

Also what are these "loose" facts? Are these the advances ones? They aren't loose at all and are factually proven to be better predicators of success than the basic ones like assists, +\-, etc.

The only people who give them no credence are ones who choose to not give them a chance or can't comprehend them. In 5 years people won't be questioning these at all and they will be used as a base for every decision made for teams.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 6m6 minutes ago
D-pairs the same here at practice in Nashville. McD-G Staal-Boyle Yandle-Klein

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7m7 minutes ago
At practice: Miller-Brass-Zucc Nash-Step-Fast Kreider-Lindberg-Etem Glass-Moore-Stalberg

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m4 minutes ago
If this stands it would be first healthy scratch for Kevin Hayes this season. AV has shown tremendous patience with second-year forward.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glad to see AV holding the dumdums on defense accountable for last night

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
How did AV watch Dan Boyle at even strength last night and not think that Dyan McIlrath would be an upgrade?

At least Hayes is finally getting scratched, and I seriously hope that this move will wake the big dope up.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
When 90% is suffering you blame the coach in large part. Not having almost anybody prepared to play or execute is him failing to do his job. You make dumb roster decisions based on your gut and then you lose bad a lot of that is on you.

So now we need a motivator again. What's Torts up to?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If anyone thinks this team's defense has only been a problem this year then I have a bridge to sell you...

I don't care about the President's Trophy, they were extremely lucky not to get bounced by Washington in 5 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia