Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins: MDSF Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
And i love him for it :handclap: Revving up emotions for the group as a whole.

You should have heard Pierre going on about how the pass to Hagelin would not be allowed prior to the rule change :shakehead

Yup. The neutral zone was bigger, and there was a functional red line back when he was laughed out of Hartford as the coach.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
WHat kind of bird is a penguin? A boo bird apparently. Christ I'd understand if the refs were calling all these false penalties on them but the irony is despite all the penalties called on Pitt the bulls*** ones were called on us yet they still boo at everything you can think of involving the refs. I think Pitt has one of the most ignorant fanbases in all of sports in terms of ignorance of the sport they root for.

It's irony and it's not even happening to boot.

This is a franchise that was bankrupt, and was going to fold, so Bettman and the rest of the brass pulled every rule in the book to keep the team in Pittsburg.

Cough...the 2005 draft.

For a decade after that, a monumental amount of attention has been paid by the league, NHL media, and more importantly officiating to give little Crobsby a wide birth, and...

now these same fans are *****ing about "a fix' when their depleted team has been trying to do hickory dental work with their sticks.

And there is generally a Ranger bias to boot.

**** them. Let's clear it out in 5.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I remember thinking to myself why the hell would he bring that up? The rule changed a frigging DECADE ago and abolished even earlier in international hockey.

Praise the actual pass by Yandle instead of making excuses as to why Hagelin ended up with the puck.

****ing hate Pierre!
How? He's so cheerful.

PEANUTDACE.gif

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I remember thinking to myself why the hell would he bring that up? The rule changed a frigging DECADE ago and abolished even earlier in international hockey.

Praise the actual pass by Yandle instead of making excuses as to why Hagelin ended up with the puck.

****ing hate Pierre!

Doc: Great save by Lundqvist!

Pierre: Doc, I'd like to add that the at his current win rate, there is no way Henrik would have won 30 games each year for a later part of a decade when the league had only a 50 game season during the second world war.

He makes Rick Moranis look cool.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
With the way a lot of Pens fans are posting on HF and some articles I've read from the Pittsburgh media, you'd think they lost the series already. It's only 2-1.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
It's irony and it's not even happening to boot.

This is a franchise that was bankrupt that was going to fold, so Bettman and the rest of the brass pulled every rule in the book to keep the team in Pittsburg.

Cough...the 2005 draft.

For a decade after that a monumental amount of attention has been paid by the league, NHL media, and more importantly officiating to give little Crobsby a wide birth, and...

now these same fans are *****ing about "a fix' when there depleted team has been trying to do hickory dental work with their sticks.

And there is generally a Ranger bias to boot.

**** them. Let's clear it out in 5.

I love non-sarcastic ReggieDunlop :)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
With the way a lot of Pens fans are posting on HF and some articles I've read from the Pittsburgh media, you'd think they lost the series already. It's only 2-1.

Yes, a journalist asked their coach why they only played good hockey the last 10 min. of game 3.
I think the main reason they've some key injuries - so their fans are not very optimistic. And Malkin mentioned it too - Rangers have the best defense in the league at the moment - it's not an easy task.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I actually really like Pierre unless it's the Penguins. He won 2 Cups with them as an assistant. There's an obvious bias.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Doc: Great save by Lundqvist!

Pierre: Doc, I'd like to add that the at his current win rate, there is no way Henrik would have won 30 games each year for a later part of a decade when the league had only a 50 game season during the second world war.

He makes Rick Moranis look cool.

Rick Moranis got down and dirty with Zuul! He is GOAT :laugh:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I actually really like Pierre unless it's the Penguins. He won 2 Cups with them as an assistant. There's an obvious bias.

It's kind of funny that he's that way on NBC Sports. When he's on Canadian Radio he's bashing them left and right. This morning he complimented the Rangers defense and scolded the Pens for their lack of urgency until the 3rd period.

I think its NBC Sports as much as anything else, could be that they want Crosby to be their Lebron.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's kind of funny that he's that way on NBC Sports. When he's on Canadian Radio he's bashing them left and right. This morning he complimented the Rangers defense and scolded the Pens for their lack of urgency until the 3rd period.

I think its NBC Sports as much as anything else, could be that they want Crosby to be their Lebron.

So he's not just a wiener, he's a sell out.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Watching a replay of Game 3 right now....the NBCSN version (I had watched MSG on game night). I thought maybe everyone was exaggerating a bit when it came to Pierre's bias. Boy, was I wrong. The bias is completely over-the-top. He's a hysterical Pens Homer.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
How the **** is Yandle not a #1 dman? Am I just missing something?

People just look at depth charts, and make a determination. 2 months ago he not only was a top 2 d guy but one of the best in the league.

Now when you look at our depth chart he is on the third pairing. Most people think they know more about the game then they actually do and come to a conclusion based on that.

Specifically those who like to say "I have watched hockey for x amount of years" to validate a point.

ex: My father has watched it for over 60 years, never spent a minute on the ice and has no idea about the x's and o's or about any other teams outside the metropolitan division

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Yes, a journalist asked their coach why they only played good hockey the last 10 min. of game 3.
I think the main reason they've some key injuries - so their fans are not very optimistic. And Malkin mentioned it too - Rangers have the best defense in the league at the moment - it's not an easy task.

Now I understand that they have some injuries, but they are making Ehrhoff out to be Paul Coffey. With a Vancouver team that made it to the finals he had 12 points and was minus 13 in 23 games. That is horrendous for a Stanley Cup finalist. He was also a minus 27 his last year in Buffalo. I know that +- is not a great stat but I think it says a lot about defenseman.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
A few minutes to go in the 1st period of the replay I'm watching and this is what I'm hearing on NBCSN:

"So we talked about the Penguins getting off to slow starts, Pierre. In game #2, it took the Penguins nearly 9 minutes to get their first shot on goal. Tonight, it took more than 15 minutes and the shots are 6 to 3 New York"

Pierre's response:

"Well, it's been a good start I think for the Penguins".

You can't make this stuff up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce