GDT: Rangers @ Penguins - Game 5 - April 23 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Objectively, our defense has been complete garbage all year and it was a matter of time before it caught up to us and the playoffs really exposed it.

This. But Hank let us and himself down as well this series. It doesn't have to be either or. He needs to be better but to blame him is just clueless as we have all seen the signs all year. Well, except for AV obviously. Big year coming up for him. I don't expect him to turn it around - he hasn't been able to change it up at all.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Actually it was exposed well before the playoffs... It just continued and Hank played badly as well.

Hey, Hank had a **** game. No doubt. Give up 8 or 9 PP goals and score 2 doesn't help either in a series. So, so bad defensively. I had little optimism this year which is markedly different from the previous 4.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Shame Yandle's last game as a Ranger is such a blowout. He was a good solider, and the team is going to regret it for the next 5+ years when they let him walk

I really don't think so. He's not worth a 6/7 x 7 deal approaching 30. This team has to learn no more.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Shame Yandle's last game as a Ranger is such a blowout. He was a good solider, and the team is going to regret it for the next 5+ years when they let him walk

He was horrific all series after having a good year. But see what Diaz has done for the PP by just shooting the puck? I don't want Yandle back unless he shoots the puck more.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This. But Hank let us and himself down as well this series. It doesn't have to be either or. He needs to be better but to blame him is just clueless as we have all seen the signs all year. Well, except for AV obviously. Big year coming up for him. I don't expect him to turn it around - he hasn't been able to change it up at all.

Let us down from what?

This team was Upper middle at best this year. And they haven't even played like the lowest of playoff teams 3 weeks before the season ended.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
We get it. It's the 5th or 6th post like this you've made today and the 70,000 you've made this series.

Guy had a crap game. He's not absolved. Get over it and learn to analyze hockey from an objective viewpoint.

Exactly, Rangers score two ****ing goals in the first for once the whole series and the dudes can't stop either of two quality chances, one of which goes wide. Then he proceeds to stop o of the next 4 quality chances.

We get it some of the shots were A+, but he's not being paid 8 mil to be anti raanta....who has actually been better lol

Lundqvist hasn't stopped a good chance when it mattered all damn series.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

We could have gotten so much more out of Yandle this series had AV after winning game two not scratched ****ing McIlrath. What the **** is that **** btw. That pairing was spectacular in Game 2 and Yandle took that game over.

*Bob Richards*

If you get rid of Games 1,3,4 and 5 we probably win this series.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Not really worried. Once we get to the playoffs, the team will turn it on and we should be able to beat a streaky Pens team with a rookie goalie.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Can't and won't pull for TB. **** Boyle and Stralman and Captain Cally.

St. Louis for me.

I don't hold a grudge against Callahan like most others do.

I mean he watched this team throw countless of dollars at players and he gave his life for this team and he felt he deserved to get paid like everyone else this team has thrown stupid money at.

What made him so different from the Gomez/Redden/Richards etc. that he couldn't get his?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Hey, Hank had a **** game. No doubt. Give up 8 or 9 PP goals and score 2 doesn't help either in a series. So, so bad defensively. I had little optimism this year which is markedly different from the previous 4.

Same. Very sad. I missed two games and wasn't even upset that I did.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Let us down from what?

This team was Upper middle at best this year. And they haven't even played like the lowest of playoff teams 3 weeks before the season ended.

I agree, but I still think Hank when he's locked in saves a few of the goals tonight. He has seemed a bit off this season as a whole. Gotten yanked quite a bit and just not as rock solid as we've grown accustomed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad