Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins - 11/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickers8

Kreider playing well, but struggling on the score sheet.

No points in his last 4.

Would love to see Kreids play physical the way he does against Seidenberg every game, use your strength and insane speed to your advantage, like to see the long stretch pass to spring him more, maybe with Boyle back that will happen

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Long term I am confident in this team and not overly concerned with the result. Tho I did initially blow a gasket after we 'won' and I turned off the game, went to check stats, and saw we no longer won.

What did bother me was the officiating. Almost every player in this league screams at the ref and slams his stick like that, it's an instant misconduct. Almost every player in this league intentionally falls on a goalie like that, instant interference call. Simply not acceptable that a guy incessantly cries like that and the whistles then get put away the rest of the game.

Crosby is an amazing hockey player. But I find his childish antics embarrassing to the sport and I think it's beyond unacceptable when the refs pander and cave to that nonsense.

welp, if it makes you feel better, he'll get what he deserves one of these days. can't say when, but he will, and we'll all rejoice...

those antics cannot keep up for long... at some point someone is going to blow a gasket and something will happen.

I'd love to see a GIF of the stick slamming

BarbaraAlphanse

Man. What a game. I'm still livid at the outcome.

The teams were pretty evenly matched, so having it end in a shoot out loss isn't what is bothering me.

There were about 10 blatant penalty calls against the Pens that were completely disregarded. What about all the leniency that Crosby got from the refs? Since when it is going directly through the crease and barreling through a goalie "legal"? Blatant disregard for penalizing the Pens, and perhaps even more specifically - Crosby.

Disgusting.

Additionally, one day Malkin will get his dues. He's a dirty goon, and while that hit was technically "clean" it's hard to argue how that shouldn't be heavily penalized when the NHL is trying to ban blindside hits on players who aren't expecting it. In contrast, Kreider got a 5 minute penalty and game misconduct for a much lesser play. Players like that usually get their clocks clean later on in their careers.

Speaking of Kreider, that was one million gazillion percent a penalty shot. In soccer, the last defender back vs a breakaway who does something like that would get a red-card, and that close to the goal - a penalty shot, too. In basketball, the last defender on something like that would induce an automatic 2 points. Unbelievably bad call.

But I guess that was the theme of the night. Bad calls.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Eliminating the shootout would be optimal, but it is also unrealistic.

A rule like that may make more controversy, but they didn't seem to have much problem getting it reviewed last night. The only difference would be, that it would have counted as it was clear Boyle never made a second attempt at the puck. My problem with that call is that had it bounced of off MAF after hitting the post and went in, it counts. Why should it count going off of MAF, but not Boyle, assuming he did not attempt to hit the puck a second time intentionally?

Again, one of the major problems with this league in general is a consistent lack of consistency, in every facet of the game.

The issue with that is who is to say that he didn't do it intentionally? I, like everyone else here, but his stick did hit the side of the net in a follow up like motion after he hit it the second time. I just think intent is something extremely hard to gauge in a situation like that and the last thing I want to do is leave another judgement call in the hands of the on and off ice officials.

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
Crosby would have been concussed....he gets away with belly-aching the whole game, every game...thought the same thing about Kreids when he slid into Fleury, how about Kunitz hitting Kreider twicw in the faceshield after the play, of course he did it when Kreids was defenseless

I saw Fleury push Kreids head into the ice after the play. The camera moved away just as it happened.:rant:

Vickers8

I saw Fleury push Kreids head into the ice after the play. The camera moved away just as it happened.:rant:

Did you see Kunitz get in 2 punches when Kreids was still down, he wouldn't have the balls if they were standing toe to toe

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
Did you see Kunitz get in 2 punches when Kreids was still down, he wouldn't have the balls if they were standing toe to toe

I think the bogus rap has Kreids playing tentative. I notice him really letting up. But that takes him away from his game. He needs to play reckless. Not advocating runniing into goalies, but Dmen need to get some of the blame too.

Kuntz (Pun intended) is a punk. Always pulling stuff like that but will never throw down when he gets puch-back.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Pens Fan here: just wanna say heck of a game despite the poor officiating on both sides. But I really came to wish Girardi a speedy recovery.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Pens Fan here: just wanna say heck of a game despite the poor officiating on both sides. But I really came to wish Girardi a speedy recovery.

He came back on the bench in the OT so I think he is OK... Probably just needs a maintenance day or whatever.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
LOL I must have missed that somehow :laugh:.. but good to hear, I initially thought he was concussed but glad he's ok

I'm honestly shocked as to how he isn't. He's a tank and we've known that he doesn't miss games but sheesh.

That was a really hard (clean) hit the kinda that you drool about making as a player and fear about being victim of, and when it happened I said to my friend "Another D gone from our lineup for a while" Then he was back out in OT and my jaw was on the floor.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm honestly shocked as to how he isn't. He's a tank and we've known that he doesn't miss games but sheesh.

That was a really hard (clean) hit the kinda that you drool about making as a player and fear about being victim of, and when it happened I said to my friend "Another D gone from our lineup for a while" Then he was back out in OT and my jaw was on the floor.

yeah first thing that came to my mind was "oh boy, McIlrath time".... then i was like... "**** wait Kostka time"... then I saw him on the bench and I was like WWWWTTTTTTFFFFFF!

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

We had a similar situation the night before in Toronto when Phaneuf hit Hornqvist up high late in the game and the impact was heavy that I initially thought Hornqvist was hurt but he bounced back up as if nothing happened. Ironically, Malkin went after Phaneuf, gloves off ready to go.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
LOL I must have missed that somehow :laugh:.. but good to hear, I initially thought he was concussed but glad he's ok

It's literally impossible for Girardi to get hurt. He just doesn't feel pain. We will never understand.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
As much as I give Girardi a hard time for some of his clumsy antics the guy is old school tough ...like Gordie Howe tough. Yea I said it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's literally impossible for Girardi to get hurt. He just doesn't feel pain. We will never understand.
Had to.

jqksNEQ.gif

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I certainly hope you're right. I don't know, I guess I agree with you mostly that we'll find our stride and turn things around, I'm more worried that 1) we will be too late to secure a spot and/or 2) we still won't be as good a team as last season.
Yeah but we're already in a spot, and are only going to get better. Just took 3/4 points from the Pens, and will soon have a Top 10-15 defenseman added to the lineup.

Regarding the 4th line:

It's pretty obvious that we should be rolling Hagelin-Hayes-Duclair and Fast-Moore-Stempniak as our bottom six.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We had a similar situation the night before in Toronto when Phaneuf hit Hornqvist up high late in the game and the impact was heavy that I initially thought Hornqvist was hurt but he bounced back up as if nothing happened. Ironically, Malkin went after Phaneuf, gloves off ready to go.

Rangers owe Phaneuf one for ending Sauer's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad