Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins - 11/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Kreider hits Crosby like that its 5-7 games

No, it's not. But the main board certainly goes up in arms about Kreider being a dirty POS :laugh:

I'm surprised there was no thread about him 'crashing' into Fleury in OT. How was that not a penalty shot? :shakehead

How can Crosby, after being warned by the ref to shut up, continue to yell at the ref and slam his stick on the glass and STILL not get an unsportsmanlike penalty?

**** that tanking franchise and their ****ing bailout from the NHL.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I missed the game, but I echo the sentiments of others who are pleased with 3 out of 4 points against the Penguins as well as the concern over lost points against poor teams like Toronto and Edmonton.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We sound like we've got screws loose if we say anywhere on this site that the result of this game should be changed. The fact that there is a thread at more than half of capacity on the main boards on this topic is mostly on us not living in reality. I am embarrassed.

This call was right, and there is really no arguing it. The problem was how the league communicated that the play was being reviewed. Human nature is such that when something is the decisive, deciding moment in a game (cf. Brett Hull Cup-winning goal), there is less of a desire to give the call the same level of scrutiny as there would be at other times in the game.

Vickers8

No, it's not. But the main board certainly goes up in arms about Kreider being a dirty POS :laugh:

I'm surprised there was no thread about him 'crashing' into Fleury in OT. How was that not a penalty shot? :shakehead

How can Crosby, after being warned by the ref to shut up, continue to yell at the ref and slam his stick on the glass and STILL not get an unsportsmanlike penalty?

Crosby would have been concussed....he gets away with belly-aching the whole game, every game...thought the same thing about Kreids when he slid into Fleury, how about Kunitz hitting Kreider twicw in the faceshield after the play, of course he did it when Kreids was defenseless

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

He's Sidney Crosby! Can you expect anything less from a guy who was mentored by Mario? I mean the guy wrote a letter to the league crying about things after the Islanders game. As if the Pens were angels during that whole game...

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I turned it off and went to bed, immediately after the Boyle goal. woke up to this. what is life

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Watching Cindy skate around with that "brink of tears" look on his face crying to the refs about every call is almost an embarrassment to the game and it wasn't just last night he's done it in any game I've seen him play

On another note I don't understand how anyone here can disagree with the result of that game, the refs handled it in the only way they knew how.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It was a rough night.

In response to earlier comment, this team losing causes me anguish. :laugh: but I keep coming back, I'm their best solider :P But all I could do was sigh. That was such a stupid end to a pretty good game... thought we should've had it in regulation. we missed a few damned good chances. And the 2nd goal against was kinda crappy.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The team will keep working on the things they need to work on. Hugely entertaining game, felt like the playoffs. Sure, I hated the ending, but it did not take me too long to at least understand it. For myself, I am not dwelling too long on that freak occurrence, and am more concerned with those parts of the game the Rangers need to work on to improve, which do not directly relate to players missing due to injury.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
In response to earlier comment, this team losing causes me anguish. :laugh: but I keep coming back, I'm their best solider :P But all I could do was sigh. That was such a stupid end to a pretty good game... thought we should've had it in regulation. we missed a few damned good chances. And the 2nd goal against was kinda crappy.

And a PP in overtime?! That's when you need to end it! :shakehead

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

I was yelling the entire OT period... we should've won... I feel like we are not capitalizing enough and we're a little unlucky right now. We will get better, I just want to see it start improving. Little angry we can't finish enough yet or hang on quite long enough.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It was the right call, but would anyone be surprised if we got some explanation like "the play is unreviewable because the game had ended" had this situation been reversed

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Yes absolutely. Had no doubt once they didnt score on that great opportunity 4 on 3 that they would lose again in the shootout.
If they continue to squander those chances they will lose most of the time

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Or the shootout should be eliminated all together.

What good would a rule like that do besides cause more controversy?

Bring back tie games I say, after a 10 minute 4v4 period.

Eliminating the shootout would be optimal, but it is also unrealistic.

A rule like that may make more controversy, but they didn't seem to have much problem getting it reviewed last night. The only difference would be, that it would have counted as it was clear Boyle never made a second attempt at the puck. My problem with that call is that had it bounced of off MAF after hitting the post and went in, it counts. Why should it count going off of MAF, but not Boyle, assuming he did not attempt to hit the puck a second time intentionally?

Again, one of the major problems with this league in general is a consistent lack of consistency, in every facet of the game.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Long term I am confident in this team and not overly concerned with the result. Tho I did initially blow a gasket after we 'won' and I turned off the game, went to check stats, and saw we no longer won.

What did bother me was the officiating. Almost every player in this league screams at the ref and slams his stick like that, it's an instant misconduct. Almost every player in this league intentionally falls on a goalie like that, instant interference call. Simply not acceptable that a guy incessantly cries like that and the whistles then get put away the rest of the game.

Crosby is an amazing hockey player. But I find his childish antics embarrassing to the sport and I think it's beyond unacceptable when the refs pander and cave to that nonsense.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I thought about ruling that the goal could be allowed if it came off the shooter a second time (the first time being the puck leaving the stick on the initial attempt).

Would we not be in the same territory then as with pucks going into the net off skates? Would we really want to see another layer of analysis required, i.e. did Player X (substitute Dan Boyle here) direct the puck in, or was it just a deflection off him.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
What I hope for is that incidents like this help form a band of brothers bond throughout the team. An us against the world mentality from this point on. So many early mountains to climb this year from injuries to game situations. Let's hope it reverberates around the room and builds a resolve that will carry us forward and make the Rangers the last team any other wants to face in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad