Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - 03/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sure but that doesn't mean Smith is good either atm
Only Smith I'd want in the Rangers organization next year is Ty Smith
This notion that Smith is just going to disappear into the ether is so weird to me

He’ll be fine next year when they have a coach with an actual defensive system

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think he’s frustrated because any sane coach with this roster would be riding his top 4 and top 6 to keep NHL guys on the ice.. AV runs 4 lines like he’s EA Sports NHL18. And Hank has already faced more shots than he did all last year. And played as many games.

This analysis is the last thing on his mind if it even occurred at all.

The narratives are really force driven these days.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yes. And you know AV isn’t going to say anything. He’s the polar opposite of Hank.
Some people excuse tantrums as being “super competitive” but to me it’s just being childish and out-of-control. Like Miller.
There’s an in-between state where a player can have fire but also keep in-control. (And also, even defend his teammates when needed).

AV doesn’t have a tantrum during an interview. Lundqvist doesn’t have a tantrum during an interview.

Lundqvist screams on the ice, and very likely AV screams in the locker room.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This notion that Smith is just going to disappear into the ether is so weird to me

He’ll be fine next year when they have a coach with an actual defensive system

But he was good last half season when Girardi was the cause of everything until he wasn’t and we blamed someone else because man to man Torts kinda guys fired Renney.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Smith, provided he is still here will have his chance like everyone else to reclaim a spot.

And if not, I hear Kevin Klein is available.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
This analysis is the last thing on his mind if it even occurred at all.

The narratives are really force driven these days.
Really? You don’t think hank looks at who is on the ice and who’s behind the bench? He’s been around too long to not pay attention and notice differences

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Really? You don’t think hank looks at who is on the ice and who’s behind the bench? He’s been around too long to not pay attention and notice differences

Yeah he notices the differences.

You think the differences from 2005-2014 and this point in the season are slight line tweaks ?

You think that’s why he went ape shit?

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Was that the HL 'look of death' to O'Gara on the 2nd goal? He looked really lost

Reactions: Ori

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Smith, provided he is still here will have his chance like everyone else to reclaim a spot.

And if not, I hear Kevin Klein is available.
Smith, provided AV is gone will have his chance.

I would take Klein. Even as he regressed, Klein was never that bad. Ugly player, but got the job done.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
This team doesn't seen to be made for tanking. We must have won in OT. We only lacked luck a bit. When the score was 0:2 I thought it would be a loss without any attempts to change the situation. Suddenly the guys started a real comeback. I wish it were finished.
Lundquist had to stop less than 50 shots this time. Still in his 800th game he made some excellent saves. Especially important saves, in my opinnion, were those when the team was losing. Soon we began scoring and tying the game.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I want Hank to win a cup more than I want the Rangers to win a cup at this point. And I bleed ****ing blue.
If I see the King hoist the grail in a Rangers jersey, it will be one of the greatest sights I've ever seen in my life.
If I see the King hoist the grail period, I will be a very happy man.
If Henrik Lundqvist wants to break a ****ing stick after every goal he lets in, so ****ing be it. The man has been disgraced by this organization and his teammates for 12 ****ing years.
If the Rangers win a cup and Lundqvist is still wearing their jersey, he better be the first ****ing person to hoist the grail over his head. No Ranger in history deserves to hoist it more than he does... period, the end.
If I'm the Rangers, this offseason I add Thornton and seriously discuss how the hell we add Ovechkin to this team.
Thornton+Ovi won’t get this team anywhere

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It makes me sick that people blame this **** on Lundqvist. "the best goalie in the world can't win a cup". Hasek didn't win a cup until he went to Detroit and he's arguably the greatest goalie in the history of hockey. Put Lundqvist on pittsburgh and they'd have won at least 5 in a row. Hank deserves to be pissed off. This team has failed him again and again and he still wants to be here. We owe Henrik Lundqvist a cup, no matter what the cost. Hank can't score goals. People talk about how we haven't had an identity since Messier... well Messier's second stint here can be defined as 'country club hockey'. Lundqvist has brought an 'I want to win' attitude from the moment he put on a Ranger jersey.
Remember Mike Dunham? Jussi Markanen? Dan Blackburn? We've been spoiled by Lundqvist. I hope the man wins a cup because he ****ing deserves it. Put him and Ovechkin on the same team and they'll win. Those are the 2 hungriest men in hockey. Throw Thornton on that team too.

It’s a solid post other than the bold. The cost always matters.

I absolutely refuse to harm the team’s future at all to help one player.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
DeAngelo was friggin' awesome tonight. He created space, he moved the puck efficiently and he worked well with Skjei. It would be nice if he and Skjei were left together to develop more chemistry. But, I'm sure they'll be broken up in the near future.
I thought DeAngelo coughed up the puck on McGinn's goal, but the only video I can find, starts after that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Smith should be up playing thru his issues. Def over O’Gara. I’m assuming Shattenkirk is going to come in for O’Gara though soon no?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just do that until somebody scores. How long could it last?
Absolutely. I'd even go as far as to make the rule that "when it hits the 5 minute mark (a bell sounds) and at that point whatever players you have on the ice......have to stay on the ice until someone scores. Put that in your pipe Buttman.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I've sort of always been on this side, but I'm angry and sarcastic and it doesn't always come across.

When I go against rebuilding, I'm simply against doing what Edmonton and the Islanders do. I'm against it lasting 10 years. I'm against trading players for the sake of trading them.

That's not to say that this can't be done right. It absolutely can. I even think it's off to a good start.

My only real concern is AV. It's not a good reflection on Gorton if he starts 2018-19 behind the bench. "He's there to help the tank" is a **** excuse and the sort of attitude I'm against.

It can be done right and yes, we are off to a great start. Grabbing the picks what we have and our own standing, tanking pick puts us in a position to really make this happen right. Guys like Names and Spooner should seriously be considered part of the "reclamation project" in which this becomes a faster process. If we do indeed she'd Zuccha, it had better be for a #1 in 2019 + prospect. Otherwise, I'd keep him, always been a gamer.
The 2nd bold.....I think AV is absolutely a goner. This new thing we're doing has got to be totally FRESH, no leftovers and hangovers from AV squad.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man sucks we couldn't win in regulation and help the Debbies out

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think Smith is where he deserves to be right now. Have a strong offseason come back with new attitude and belief plus new coaching staff. He still has the tools to be an effective top 4 guy.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad