Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - 03/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
McDonagh needed to go because he wasn't an emotional and confrontational captain.

Henrik is too emotional and confrontational.

Stepan needed to go because he told Henrik to relax and focus himself during a game so he also needed to go.

No one is safe.

I think this is an underrated event from last season. Stepan was 100% right in that moment. It's interesting to speculate about what could have been if Stepan was given the C instead of McDonagh.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
6-12 in the mock drafts is the likes of which I've never seen at one position.

D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D.

Good news for us is, with Skjei on one side and Shattenkirk on the other, and with Smith being able to switch, we could go lefty or righty with that pick and it wouldn't be bad either way.

RHD would be ideal because they're harder to find, but if our scouts feel the absolute BPA is LH, it's doable.
Who?

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
That's true. All he talked about was what a nice guy AV is.

That's fine, but we're not going out for drinks with him. It's not a ringing endorsement if you've got nothing to say about his coaching.

He was probably thinking about AV's D system with his palms sweating while trying not to choke on his coffee.

Reactions: Machinehead

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, the young D minus O'Horrible played really well tonight.
I thought Gilmour was bad..but again..everyone with ogara seems to have varying degrees of suckatude. Happens when u get buried in your own zone.

That's the nature of the position...the more you're defending...the more likely you are to make a mistake..

Which...is....why....I....hate...this...God....damn ...system.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
It makes me sick that people blame this shit on Lundqvist. "the best goalie in the world can't win a cup". Hasek didn't win a cup until he went to Detroit and he's arguably the greatest goalie in the history of hockey. Put Lundqvist on pittsburgh and they'd have won at least 5 in a row. Hank deserves to be pissed off. This team has failed him again and again and he still wants to be here. We owe Henrik Lundqvist a cup, no matter what the cost. Hank can't score goals. People talk about how we haven't had an identity since Messier... well Messier's second stint here can be defined as 'country club hockey'. Lundqvist has brought an 'I want to win' attitude from the moment he put on a Ranger jersey.
Remember Mike Dunham? Jussi Markanen? Dan Blackburn? We've been spoiled by Lundqvist. I hope the man wins a cup because he f***ing deserves it. Put him and Ovechkin on the same team and they'll win. Those are the 2 hungriest men in hockey. Throw Thornton on that team too.

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
Hank is getting more and more frustrated, wouldn’t be surprised to see a huge outburst from him soon
Good. The King deserves to have a public meltdown for once in his career. He's earned his right to say how he f***ing feels.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Hank is getting more and more frustrated, wouldn’t be surprised to see a huge outburst from him soon
I think he’s frustrated because any sane coach with this roster would be riding his top 4 and top 6 to keep NHL guys on the ice.. AV runs 4 lines like he’s EA Sports NHL18. And Hank has already faced more shots than he did all last year. And played as many games.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Good. The King deserves to have a public meltdown for once in his career. He's earned his right to say how he ****ing feels.
I’m surprised we haven’t seen it yet, I would not be mad at all (happy actually) but the rest of HFBoards will lose their shit and have a field day with it

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There's no friggin excuse for that baby behavior. The rest of the team could get hurt by his stupid diva antics. Like I said earlier, Dave Maloney needs to have a talk with him.
Yes. And you know AV isn’t going to say anything. He’s the polar opposite of Hank.
Some people excuse tantrums as being “super competitive” but to me it’s just being childish and out-of-control. Like Miller.
There’s an in-between state where a player can have fire but also keep in-control. (And also, even defend his teammates when needed).

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
I’m surprised we haven’t seen it yet, I would not be mad at all (happy actually) but the rest of HFBoards will lose their **** and have a field day with it
I want Hank to win a cup more than I want the Rangers to win a cup at this point. And I bleed f***ing blue.
If I see the King hoist the grail in a Rangers jersey, it will be one of the greatest sights I've ever seen in my life.
If I see the King hoist the grail period, I will be a very happy man.
If Henrik Lundqvist wants to break a f***ing stick after every goal he lets in, so f***ing be it. The man has been disgraced by this organization and his teammates for 12 f***ing years.
If the Rangers win a cup and Lundqvist is still wearing their jersey, he better be the first f***ing person to hoist the grail over his head. No Ranger in history deserves to hoist it more than he does... period, the end.
If I'm the Rangers, this offseason I add Thornton and seriously discuss how the hell we add Ovechkin to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad