Rumor: Rangers/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Moving those contracts would be huge for them. Worth a 1st considering the return.

I don't see the Oilers doing this.

No reason to move Nash unless we are tanking if we dont get rid of Girardi and Staal. Nash is still a very good player who has had 2 bad offensive seasons the last 3 years because of injuries.

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Trevor Airdrie is a moron for believing his even bigger of a moron source. Not a chance in hell the Oilers would even be remotely interested in those players.
Staals contract is the worst in the league for a rapidly declining 4-6 defenseman, and Nash is a LW that definitely isn't needed with Lucic, Pouliot, Maroon, and Hendricks already down the LW. This trade would leave Puljujarvi, Yakupov, McDavid, and Draisaitl as the Oilers only options at RW and C in the top 6. DUMB MOVE

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
No reason to move Nash unless we are tanking if we dont get rid of Girardi and Staal. Nash is still a very good player who has had 2 bad offensive seasons the last 3 years because of injuries.

2 bad seasons of the last 3. Whatever the reason, that's not good.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Was excited to see an actual rumor... But then i clicked on the thread..
Utter disappointment..

The 1st doent make up for the overpaid garbage coming Oilers way

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Been saying it for months, Nash would be a great fit for Edmonton but I was talking a Yakupov and futures return. Nash's cap hit and limited NTC hurts his trade value considerably.

The rest of this deal in the OP is a head-scratcher. Staal is a LHD, which the Oilers do not need, and from all accounts he seems to be headed the way of Old Yeller in NY.

That's a lot of value heading to New York and close to none heading back.

So....Yak and a pick for Rick?

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
Been saying it for months, Nash would be a great fit for Edmonton but I was talking a Yakupov and futures return. Nash's cap hit and limited NTC hurts his trade value considerably.

The rest of this deal in the OP is a head-scratcher. Staal is a LHD, which the Oilers do not need, and from all accounts he seems to be headed the way of Old Yeller in NY.

That's a lot of value heading to New York and close to none heading back.

So....Yak and a pick for Rick?

That's a lot of cap. Rick has negative value with that cap hit. It's not good. You're better off trading yak for a pick.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's a lot of cap. Rick has negative value with that cap hit. It's not good. You're better off trading yak for a pick.

We could make it fit. And Nash is still a very useful player who plays in all situations and could fit on either wing.

But with all the big fish off the market, I can't see why he'd be available anymore. Let him play till the deadline, pay most of his salary this year and his value increases immensely. Trading him now doesn't make sense to me.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
We could make it fit. And Nash is still a very useful player who plays in all situations and could fit on either wing.

But with all the big fish off the market, I can't see why he'd be available anymore. Let him play till the deadline, pay most of his salary this year and his value increases immensely. Trading him now doesn't make sense to me.

If money's no object, I have a bridge to sell you. Nash will not increase in value. It's all downhill from here.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If money's no object, I have a bridge to sell you. Nash will not increase in value. It's all downhill from here.

I disagree.

He just turned 32 and played with a bone bruise last year. I wouldn't expect another 42 goal season--especially if he stays in NY this year--but he's still a premier power-forward.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
I disagree.

He just turned 32 and played with a bone bruise last year. I wouldn't expect another 42 goal season--especially if he stays in NY this year--but he's still a premier power-forward.

Agree to disagree. We'll see.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If this actually happened Oilers fans would burn down both their new + old arenas and find Chia, tie him up, parade him through town and then throw him off a bridge.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Trevor Airdrie ‏@MnATrevor Cambridge, Ontario
Rumour: Eberle &Nugent Hopkins to NYR for M.Staal, 1st and Nash. Tough deal to take on Nash 7.8 mill contract x 2. #Oilers #NYR #NHL

I don't know this guy, but it says he's the co-Founder/owner of M&A Sports Media, Host of The Trevor Airdrie Show. Formerly w/ TML, NHL, Corus Toronto, CHUM FM and UCL.

Anyone know if this guy is legit?

If I'm the Rangers, I do it even though it would mean another first rounder down the toilet.

Haven't Oiler fans suffered enough this offseason??:naughty:

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
This isn't a valid source.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad