Rumor: Rangers/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Trevor Airdrie ‏@MnATrevor Cambridge, Ontario
Rumour: Eberle &Nugent Hopkins to NYR for M.Staal, 1st and Nash. Tough deal to take on Nash 7.8 mill contract x 2. #Oilers #NYR #NHL

I don't know this guy, but it says he's the co-Founder/owner of M&A Sports Media, Host of The Trevor Airdrie Show. Formerly w/ TML, NHL, Corus Toronto, CHUM FM and UCL.

Anyone know if this guy is legit?

If I'm the Rangers, I do it even though it would mean another first rounder down the toilet.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Oilers have no interest in a 1st round pick. We're looking to build a team that can compete right now. We're not degrading our team for picks. This rumor is ridiculous, IMO. Would be god-awful for the Oilers.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That'd be a terrible deal for Edmonton IMO. Why would we be pushing for Staal when we have Klefbom and Sekera in our top 4 on LD?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Already confirmed Nash won't waive to any Canadian team.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Oilers have no interest in a 1st round pick. We're looking to build a team that can compete right now. We're not degrading our team for picks. This rumor is ridiculous, IMO. Would be god-awful for the Oilers.

In this scenario, it seems like a 1st round pick would just be currency to even out the trade since Nash/Staal for RNH/Eberle would be extremely one sided.

I don't get why EDM would want a LD on Staal's contract. Hasn't he slowed down or something?

I get them moving out guys like RNH and Eberle at a low price. The new management has had a year to evaluate them, and do they really want to keep around a core of tainted losers just to wait for the best value? Not saying the Hall trade wasn't crazy though.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Staal and a 1st do absolutely nothing for Edmonton.

Nash is a player for player upgrade on Eberle but he is a worse fit for the roster makeup.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Trevor Airdrie ‏@MnATrevor Cambridge, Ontario
Rumour: Eberle &Nugent Hopkins to NYR for M.Staal, 1st and Nash. Tough deal to take on Nash 7.8 mill contract x 2. #Oilers #NYR #NHL

I don't know this guy, but it says he's the co-Founder/owner of M&A Sports Media, Host of The Trevor Airdrie Show. Formerly w/ TML, NHL, Corus Toronto, CHUM FM and UCL.

Anyone know if this guy is legit?

If I'm the Rangers, I do it though it would mean another first rounder down the toilet.

Yeah not happening Eberle and RNH together have far better value then a over priced Staal and what part of Nash saying that he wont waive for any Canadian team isn't getting through this is pretty bad for Edmonton. And i can't see Chiarelli doing this.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Nash could help them alot with his great twoway game but that trade is horrible for Edm.

You never know, Chia traded an elite winger for a #4 defensemen. Wouldnt be surprised if he makes another trade for a defensemen out of desperation because thats excatly what the Hall trade was. A desperation trade.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
You're giving Edmonton 3 pieces that they don't want and taking 2 pieces they do want... Marc Stall is useless on Edmonton, a 1st is not what they need to be trading win now players for, and Nash isn't really an upgrade. I think this is just some flub blowing smoke because none of that benefits Edmonton.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I hate the Oilers but even they don't deserve this. It's brutal for them. Taking contracts into account they give up the two best assets. Definitely not worth a late first.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Do we even know if it's a legit. source? Who is this guy? I only posted it because it seemed like he had at least some credentials so maybe he knows something.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Didn't it come out that Nash would not waive his nmc for any team in Canada?

So i don't know where this rumor is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad