Confirmed with Link: Rangers name Jacques Martin as an Assistant Coach

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Loved the hire the second I heard about it. The only thing is it's a waste if management and/or Quinn is forcing Smith and Staal to dress every game on the blueline.

They didn't do that last year, so I don't know why they would this year. Smith played most of the year on the 4th line until Skjei was traded. Staal was a healthy scratch at times. With the emergence of Lindgren, if Hajek could have stayed up, I'd bet he would have played more in place of Staal. You can't blame the coach for playing Smith or Staal when we don't have any better options.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
They didn't do that last year, so I don't know why they would this year. Smith played most of the year on the 4th line until Skjei was traded. Staal was a healthy scratch at times. With the emergence of Lindgren, if Hajek could have stayed up, I'd bet he would have played more in place of Staal. You can't blame the coach for playing Smith or Staal when we don't have any better options.
Why wasn't Hajek brought back up to play though during the course of the year? That's what I didn't understand.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Jacques Martin with glasses has been better than without glasses, post-Ottawa.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
So Jacques Martin is in charge of the defense? He leads in the new style of play and Quinn comes along side of him?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I wouldn’t call 16th “in contention” its like one rogue vote could get you that
He actually did get one 5th place vote for that 16th place finish, which tied him with Brian Campbell, Dan Hamhuis, Andrej Mexaros, and Tyler Myers. The rest of that year's Norris voting list is pretty weird too outside of the top 3 and a few others scattered around in there

Reactions: Dactyl

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This season Staal played the least minutes per game by far in his career. Smith spent most of the season on the fourth line. Everyone knows they suck, it’s not some organizational blind spot. There’s just a lack of options on the left side. But that is something they can address this offseason if they’re willing to accept the cap ramnifications.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Anyone know how many 2 on 1 goals we gave up? I feel like most of our ES GA were either breakdowns that lead to 2 on 1 or we give up the blue line and they beat the goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad