Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
In the 1980's Tom Mcvie coached Vigneault in the AHL, Maine Mariners. Gordie Clark was also coached by Mcvie in Maine.

The connections always seem to be there.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Torts will get the Vancouver job and they will meet the Rangers in the SCF for a 20 year reunion.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Oh my god I wish he kept the lines consistent....as an example, higgins and roy showed great chemistry at the tail end of the season. So what does he do to start the playoffs? Split them up.

But that was because AV had the vision stuck in his head of what he wanted Roy to be... He wanted Roy to be Malhotra (to fill the Malhotra-role)... Chemistry be damned...

Overall, I think the Rangers can expect what the lines would be going into a given game... During a losing streak, more often than not, it is much more likely that AV tries for the line to work itself out, before mixing things up... Doing the same thing, over and over... Sometimes, it works itself out... Sometimes, he mixes up the lines... But he does try the same thing over and over, and is much more patient than the fans before he makes drastic roster decisions, usually... Some players are given a much longer leash than others, as well... If some make a mistake, immediate change... If others, they are free to work it out themselves, game after game after game...

As a rule of thumb, AV mixes lines about 5 to 10 games after fans have been calling for it, IMO... If the Canucks continued into the playoffs, it was only a matter of time before Roy and Higgins would have been reunited (like the majority of fans wanted from the start)...

Last edited:

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 1m
MSG not confirming, but two sources report that agreement in principle has been reached between NYR, Alain Vigneault to become head coach

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Coach Swap. LOL.

If that happens could we get an official confirmed trade with link NYR JT for VAN AV on the main boards?

part of me wants torts for a couple years but another part of me doesn't want Kesler blocking many shots... I just want to sick em on the Vancouver media.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Hey, you guys just got AV, leave Boucher alone. We need candidates too! I'll be pissed if we go with Torts.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The feeling was if Messier wanted the job,Sather would give it to him. Dreger basically said it three days ago. Most people believe its Messier's job. Dreger thought Vigneault was going to be the Stars HC. Someone said no to Messier. Sather? Ownership? Now name Gorton as Sather's successor.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The feeling was if Messier wanted the job,Sather would give it to him. Dreger basically said it three days ago. Most people believe its Messier's job. Dreger thought Vigneault was going to be the Stars HC. Someone said no to Messier. Sather? Ownership? Now name Gorton as Sather's successor.

I don't know, I think it was Sather. Hiring Messier really would have been stupid, and I think Sather is smart enough to know that.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Great start to the offseason, rangers passed on Mess and got the best available coach easily. Sorry Mess, we love what u did for us as a player and always will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad