Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidic15*

If Glen can't compete with the Phoenix Coyotes on a coaching hire then he's not cut out for this job.

Tippett lacks ambition. He wants to stay in Phoenix. He's building a new house there. This is on Tippett, not Sather. If Tippett wants to coach mediocrity, let him.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The thing about AV is that he has a vision of how a Stanley Cup winning team should look... What roles for each player and line... He doesn't adapt his vision based on roster... He looks at the roster and fits it into his vision... This leads to both good and bad things... "It is, what it is"...

so does that mean he kept the lines somewhat consistent? it would be nice to know it we can see our players in one spot in the lineup for longer than a period.

Green Blob*

Im happy. He was one of my top 2 choices.

Could have been MUCH worse (Mess)

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 2m
Rangers players had a say in the decision to release Tortorella. They did had a say in the decision on Alain Vigneault being the next coach.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
so does that mean he kept the lines somewhat consistent? it would be nice to know it we can see our players in one spot in the lineup for longer than a period.

Oh my god I wish he kept the lines consistent....as an example, higgins and roy showed great chemistry at the tail end of the season. So what does he do to start the playoffs? Split them up.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
My bday to. Although knowing me that is bad luck.

You have the best birthday ever, you won the lottery, run with it, good luck 13 !

What if we waited and Tippett didn't want the job?

I think he was at the top of the list, but unavailable. Building the house and having been part of Phoenix turning it around, never really thought his odds of becoming coach were that great.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
1. Glen SHOULD be able to make that happen.

2. If it didn't work out, hire someone else.

I've read that Tippett wants to stay in Phoenix if they themselves stay put. That looks likely.

Who do we hire three weeks from now if spurned by Tippett? Gretzky or Messier? Fantastic.

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
Messier should go back to Vancouver. I'm sure the Cancucks' fans will welcome him back with open arms.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I think he was at the top of the list, but unavailable. Building the house and having been part of Phoenix turning it around, never really thought his odds of becoming coach were that great.

You're right, the odds of him becoming the coach were never good. That's because Sather didn't try to sign him. He hired AV before he could even negotiate.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
why is it awkward? Only thing awkward is the fact that he was actually considered to be head coach without any experience.

Why does he think he doesn't have to coach elsewhere?

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I've read that Tippett wants to stay in Phoenix if they themselves stay put. That looks likely.

Who do we hire three weeks from now if spurned by Tippett? Gretzky or Messier? Fantastic.

Just because Gretzky and Messier are the popular names being thrown around doesn't mean they're the only two coaches out there.

I don't see why Sather wouldn't try to hit a home run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad