Speculation: Rangers - More Draft Picks

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
The Rangers will still look to unload players for more draft picks and prospects this offseason before the draft.

How many picks do you think they will add for this year's draft?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'd say we could get a decent first for Zuccarello. Kreider should return a pretty big haul if he's shopped.

Skjei, Namestnikov, Spooner and Hayes are the key RFA's and should be re-signed.

I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Zibanejad if there are some huge offers out there.

This is a delusional thought from fantasy island but I'd love something like Gauthier and a first for a Darling-Lundqvist swap

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I'd say we could get a decent first for Zuccarello. Kreider should return a pretty big haul if he's shopped.

Skjei, Namestnikov, Spooner and Hayes are the key RFA's and should be re-signed.

I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Zibanejad if there are some huge offers out there.

This is a delusional thought from fantasy island but I'd love something like Gauthier and a first for a Darling-Lundqvist swap

That doesn't make sense for the Canes on account of Lundqvist's age. He's a bandage; not a solution.

Rather send Darling to Charlotte until we need the cap space and hope he gets his head straight before then.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What would the + have to be in a deal from the Blues around Winnipeg’s 1st + for Zuccarelo? Obviously depends somewhat on where the pick ends up...for purely value purposes in this thread, let’s say the pick is 24th OA.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Tonight's 4 points against Pitt is the reason Kreider will not be moved unless a deal presents itself as impossible to turn down.

The guy was a monster tonight.

Man, they really missed him and MK for long stretches this year. Probably THE reason why they are where they are...oh, and the moronic coach.

Can you imagine him and Maklin on a line together???

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Tonight's 4 points against Pitt is the reason Kreider will not be moved unless a deal presents itself as impossible to turn down.

The guy was a monster tonight.

Man, they really missed him and MK for long stretches this year. Probably THE reason why they are where they are...oh, and the moronic coach.

Can you imagine him and Maklin on a line together???
That dangle+pass combo was dirty, I’d love to see what Kreider-McDavid can do together, maybe the perfect partner for McDavid

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What would the + have to be in a deal from the Blues around Winnipeg’s 1st + for Zuccarelo? Obviously depends somewhat on where the pick ends up...for purely value purposes in this thread, let’s say the pick is 24th OA.
I’d love the add to be Walman, probably too much from the Blues pov

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stop.

We already traded everything that wasn't bolted down and we're finally having fun again.

Leave this team alone for awhile, outside of throwing AV into the Hudson.

Reactions: haveandare

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well both Spooner & Kreider will return a nice haul back related to point production after the trade deadline. I`m curious if Gorton follow up a similar trade as Ryan Mc. 10 minutes before the deadline, and if u can move Ryan Mc. it make no sense to not consider other players with value who are outside the time window for this rebuild. And it`s based on the 2017 draft prospects and beyond 2019.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I’d love the add to be Walman, probably too much from the Blues pov
Yeah that would be too much for 1 year of Zucc IMO. I’m a pretty big Walman fan tho, not interested in selling low on him. His shot and skating are NHL caliber right now, just needs some AHL seasoning to round out his game.

Would NYR’s be looking for d prospects only or would a forward prospect work?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Yeah that would be too much for 1 year of Zucc IMO. I’m a pretty big Walman fan tho, not interested in selling low on him. His shot and skating are NHL caliber right now, just needs some AHL seasoning to round out his game.

Would NYR’s be looking for d prospects only or would a forward prospect work?
Any prospect but G or C unless that C prospect has 1C upside (which no one should trade for Zucc)
Preferably righty shots and right handed dmen but any prospect works. Erik Foley+1st?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Whoever sign Zucc for 1 year - he should refuse to sign a long term deal with the same team until his UFA status in 2019, and he is probably back in NYR in 2019-20 season. :)

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Any prospect but G or C unless that C prospect has 1C upside (which no one should trade for Zucc)
Preferably righty shots and right handed dmen but any prospect works. Erik Foley+1st?
Might be a fair ask, TBH I haven’t watched Foley play enough outside of YouTube highlights to really have an informed opinion on him as a player or his value. I will say that I doubt he would be traded so soon.

If you think about it, it’d be like trading Stastny at the deadline for 1 year of Zucc...I guess that’s an upgrade, but not sure it would really make sense with what the Blues are trying to do organizationally.

Just value-wise, would you be looking for 1st + ok prospect or 2nd + good prospect? I’m thinking Blais might be a good fit, but there are some Blues fans who probably wouldn’t like it...

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Might be a fair ask, TBH I haven’t watched Foley play enough outside of YouTube highlights to really have an informed opinion on him as a player or his value. I will say that I doubt he would be traded so soon.

If you think about it, it’d be like trading Stastny at the deadline for 1 year of Zucc...I guess that’s an upgrade, but not sure it would really make sense with what the Blues are trying to do organizationally.

Just value-wise, would you be looking for 1st + ok prospect or 2nd + good prospect? I’m thinking Blais might be a good fit, but there are some Blues fans who probably wouldn’t like it...
I’d take a 1st+okay prospect

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The plus would need to be some sort of wing prospect

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hope the Rangers pick up a few more firsts. Would be cool to see the Rangers load up on prospects and rebuild faster than any other team ever has.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
One of Zuccarello or Kreider will be traded at the draft
One of spooner, hayes or namesntikov could be moved if they ask for too much.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I think the Rangers still want to trade a player or two. They most likely plan on trading up at the draft. Maybe even using one or more of their firsts for a top 3 pick. I have a feeling they aren't "tanking" because no matter where they land they are confident they can package something to move up and snag a top prospect.

Reactions: Ori and Lays

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think the Rangers still want to trade a player or two. They most likely plan on trading up at the draft. Maybe even using one or more of their firsts for a top 3 pick. I have a feeling they aren't "tanking" because no matter where they land they are confident they can package something to move up and snag a top prospect.

Not the smartest strategy.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

Why would anyone with a top 3 pick move back? The top 3 look to be fantastic this year.

If the goal is to hoard all these first round picks and give the farm for Dahlin, fairly confident that team who wins the lottery is taking him.

Reactions: Killem Dafoe

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If I had a top 3 pick there is no way I would move it. I'm also not saying this is something I'm wishing will happen or should happen - it's just a thought. A rebuild like this... Who knows.

I know. It's just for a team that needs a rebuild desperately and has only drafted 2 franchise/generational type players in the 50 year history of the draft, you figured they would want the team to tank.

I just don't get what the endgame is. You write a note to the fans to let them know about a rebuild and then they start trying to win games? It's stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad