Rangers make 15-year-old’s dream come true, sign him to one-day contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

7toZulu

Jan 25, 2012
Denver
You've really always thought that? Think about it some more.

Sure..fine. **** me for wanting the NHL to do more of this, rather than money grab for waste of time "games" that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Holy **** are you people cynical.

I didn't say anything about money, but having sick/disadvantaged kids getting to play with their idols on the ice. It's cool though, you guys just go ahead thinking of $ first, since it's the most important thing about life, obviously. If you don't think the NHL would benefit from positive publicity if this were to happen, you're a lunatic.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Sure..fine. **** me for wanting the NHL to do more of this, rather than money grab for waste of time "games" that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Holy **** are you people cynical.

I didn't say anything about money, but having sick/disadvantaged kids getting to play with their idols on the ice. It's cool though, you guys just go ahead thinking of $ first, since it's the most important thing about life, obviously. If you don't think the NHL would benefit from positive publicity if this were to happen, you're a lunatic.

It's just the idea of replacing the all-star game with a game involving sick/disadvantaged kids who may not have even been on ice before. You're kind of taking the good vibes thing to an illogical place.

Reactions: Pens x

7toZulu

Jan 25, 2012
Denver
It's just the idea of replacing the all-star game with a game involving sick/disadvantaged kids who may not have even been on ice before. You're kind of taking the good vibes thing to an illogical place.

I get what you're saying, and I don't agree. You may not care/support something like this, but I think plenty of fans would.

I said it would be awesome, period. Think what you want about it, as is your right.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I get what you're saying, and I don't agree. You may not care/support something like this, but I think plenty of fans would.

I said it would be awesome, period. Think what you want about it, as is your right.

I would certainly get behind a program like that, but something less formal like a team-sponsored shootaround (like the Rangers did with this kid) is the right way to go.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
First day as a union member is file a grievance with the league for negotiating in bad faith

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
He was on the blue line with the starting lineup during the pre-game singing and whatnot. He was invited to the commantators booth and he got the rangers "broadway hat" from kevin klein (OT winner) after the game in the locker room.

NYR went all out for the kid.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He was on the blue line with the starting lineup during the pre-game singing and whatnot. He was invited to the commantators booth and he got the rangers "broadway hat" from kevin klein (OT winner) after the game in the locker room.

NYR went all out for the kid.

Yeah we even won, and we sure only do that on special occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad