TSN: Rangers looking for a 2nd line/3rd line Forward

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I don't want the Canucks to sell low on Boeser, but what would a deal look like with NYR? Are they even be interested in him as an upcoming RFA? (though arguably to be had on a nicer deal than if he had signed last year)
unless he takes a salary well below his QO of $7.5M, he is way too pricy for NYR
they should be able to (they have to) find a shoot-first RW for less

i suspect odds still on Reilly Smith as a rental

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome third pick in draft 50 point season worth much more bluest chip in the trade
nice try but your effort to throw shade my way only discredits and boomerangs upon you.

Your pt is invalidated b'c as I said previously,
the draft pedigree holds UNTIL there is a legit basis to see his production in NHL. Strome is a vet who has had that. Krav has not.

I don't want the Canucks to sell low on Boeser, but what would a deal look like with NYR? Are they even be interested in him as an upcoming RFA? (though arguably to be had on a nicer deal than if he had signed last year)
Thanks on Boeser.
Howev, it is moot so not worth even discussing.
NY is fine this yr, but next year must move on from Strome + Geo + Hajek to start for Fox + Zib exts. and eventually squeeze Nemeth for Kakko etc bridge deals.

unless he takes a salary well below his QO of $7.5M, he is way too pricy for NYR
they should be able to (they have to) find a shoot-first RW for less

i suspect odds still on Reilly Smith as a rental
Respectfully,
I still don't think we can afford to add anyone if $ carries into next year.
I mean any money.

I also don't agree we MUST add somebody now.
Even moving Strome, Barron is enuf

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
nice try but your effort to throw shade my way only discredits and boomerangs upon you.

Your pt is invalidated b'c as I said previously,
the draft pedigree holds UNTIL there is a legit basis to see his production in NHL. Strome is a vet who has had that. Krav has not.

Thanks on Boeser.
Howev, it is moot so not worth even discussing.
NY is fine this yr, but next year must move on from Strome + Geo + Hajek to start for Fox + Zib exts. and eventually squeeze Nemeth for Kakko etc bridge deals.

Respectfully,
I still don't think we can afford to add anyone if $ carries into next year.
I mean any money.

I also don't agree we MUST add somebody now.
Even moving Strome, Barron is enuf

What about Miller @50%? He'd come in around 2.6 mil, has the versatility to play any roll on the 3rd line or higher in the lineup. Also adds some snarl which the Rangers have targeted over the last year. Something like k'andre/lundkvist, a first 22/23, a second 22/23?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What about Miller @50%? He'd come in around 2.6 mil, has the versatility to play any roll on the 3rd line or higher in the lineup. Also adds some snarl which the Rangers have targeted over the last year. Something like k'andre/lundkvist, a first 22/23, a second 22/23?

Miller not returning to NYR, and NYR not paying like that

I am not surprised vultures circling NYR for their assets, but they're not paying that kind of price
Their pricy stars are in place(Bread, Zib, Kreider up front), with depth in place and half dozen talented kids already in pro pipeline,
just seeking a complmentary scoring wing

Maybe 1 bluechip prospect for the perfect right guy, but not seeking a guy who'd merit 2 1sts + 2nd in return

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

No, thanks.
Peeps are not paying attention.
Setting aside I don't wanna go youth for vets, esp multiple youth, that is a moot discussion.

Realize next season Zib + Fox have ginormous increases.
HUGE
Just to scrape up $ for cap limit, NY must
- no Strome, Geo, Hajek
- also have to tweak incl minor league $

then as soon as Nemeth has Nils L settled, he has to go buh bye as well, his ass replaced by elc Robertson
that will get us to bridge deal for Kakko +

next season is super tight.
Depending on if/when Trouba relents, hopefully next season but worst case no later than the following one, we recover most of his 8m per, replacing him with Schneider.

-------
Appreciate the quality offers from VAN, but no salary added works for NYR.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I think with Mikheyev coming back to the leafs line up, Pierre Engvall will be availible. Hes excellent on the pk, has a great shot, only negative is hes not super productive 5 on 5. Rangers could aquire him for a 3rd or 4th and he only makes 1.2 mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad