Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning - November 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It was an awful read. It literally cost us the game. If whoever his partner is there even makes a single move back, they don't score.

It's pretty obvious that NO one in the zone was catching up with those guys. McDonagh hardly could and he was right at the blue line.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I don't care what the stats say. This is not a good offensive team. Kreider and Nash are garbage right now. When we face teams with a sound defense and good goaltending, we don't score for ****. Guess what kinds of teams we'll be playing in the playoffs.

It's not even that, it's that we suck against physical teams, and teams can get away with more physicality in the playoffs. We have to be lucky as **** to win in the playoffs. AV can win a billion Presidents' Trophies with his system, but this team, the way it's constructed and currently playing, does not have a plan B.

However, if our players played to their potential, I see little issue. Kreider and Nash have to step it hte **** up, Staal has to stop playing like a brainless, incompetent fool. I love our team, but we are NOT firing on all cylinders right now, and we need to in order to have playoff success.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
First game of the season I threw something across the room in frustration. If this was the Dark Ages I would have ordered Stepan to a beheading.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm sitting there shaking my head during that PP going "wtf they're all standing still, no movement" and Stepan forces that disgusting pass and McDonagh can't handle it.

You had a PP with under 2 mins left, make smart plays and you're guaranteed a point. That is an unforgivable way to lose a game.

Btw, as bad as that pass was, Yandle 100% handles it. But Stepan, wtf are you doing? A minute left in a tie game ON THE PP you can make any play you want, why FORCE the one dangerous option that you have, how about fake to McD and look to move it down behind the net? Jesus christ, that was literally the one option he had that could potentially lead to a goal against. Disgusting.

Everyone will say "Oh 9 game win streak" whatever, they had 1 point locked up and they completely blew it with stupidity. AV knew it too, that's why none of the players on the PP except for Zucc were out there at the end.

Dumb Bishop, that last 45 seconds in their zone, did he even move? All he did was sit on his legs and not move, his goaltending style is infuriating. He is the reason everyone says we need bigger nets and smaller pads, because he's everything that is wrong with goaltending. No skill involved, just plops himself down and averages dictate he's gonna stop most shots. UGH.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If you see the replay, he back checks as soon as that pass is bouncing off McD.

No, he actually doesn't. Whoever the other player on the point is actually moves forward when the puck bounces off of him. If he had backchecked when the puck bounced off of him, it wouldn't have been a 2-on-0.

Carl Swaglin

Apr 23, 2014
Middletown, NJ
Brown would continue doing what he does because McIlrath's presence would be inconsequential?

Can't tell if your joking or an *** but the one guy who isn't afraid to drop gloves, throw hits and deter pests like brown from playing there game is the undertaker. And your a fool if you don't think brown was noticeable all night

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
First game of the season I threw something across the room in frustration. If this was the Dark Ages I would have ordered Stepan to a beheading.

I did the same. Haven't broke anything since SCF 2014 though.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
It's not even that, it's that we suck against physical teams, and teams can get away with more physicality in the playoffs. We have to be lucky as **** to win in the playoffs. AV can win a billion Presidents' Trophies with his system, but this team, the way it's constructed and currently playing, does not have a plan B.

However, if our players played to their potential, I see little issue. Kreider and Nash have to step it hte **** up, Staal has to stop playing like a brainless, incompetent fool. I love our team, but we are NOT firing on all cylinders right now, and we need to in order to have playoff success.

You complain about physical teams, in a loss against probably the softest team in the East?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
As if they couldn't pull the knife out any slower it had to be with like 1:30 left in the game too.

We were still on the PP with over a minute of time left to score. We had a chance, it would've been far worse with 25 seconds left in the game.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
They should have come out a lot harder. This is the team that knocked us out of the playoffs with a shut out at home in game 7. You would think that was enough incentive to at least show up for the game.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Whatever they needed the W more then us lol.
Not worried about tampa in the POs either MTL or DET will take them out.

My concern is Rick Nash i haven't gotten on him all season but this is enough he needs to be traded for like a top6 winger who can bang the body and pot 25 or so goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Can the Rangers pass the puck some %$#ing more?

This depleted Tampa Bay Blots team is what they lose to?

GTFO and take your "Unselfish pass first" mentality with you.

Shoot the %$#@ing puck.Try a one timer...I know it's scary, but sometimes they go in.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Can't tell if your joking or an *** but the one guy who isn't afraid to drop gloves, throw hits and deter pests like brown from playing there game is the undertaker. And your a fool if you don't think brown was noticeable all night

McIlrath is not going to deter anyone from doing anything. Because deterance doesn't exist.

Why would Brown all of a sudden stop doing what got him to the NHL because McIlrath will try to fight him?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's pretty obvious that NO one in the zone was catching up with those guys. McDonagh hardly could and he was right at the blue line.

No, it's not obvious. The fellow point guy has to see McD struggling with the puck and move out of the zone. We have at least one guy back if that happens with McD trailing at full speed.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I thought the issue on that coming back was McDonagh going after the guy with the puck. He should have come down the middle to try his best to take away a passing lane since Hank was squared up to the shooter.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Crap play by Yandle on the first goal---though usually Henrik stops that.

Dumb pass by Stepan on the second goal---forced a play he didn't have to make. McDonagh didn't play it that well either.

These guys should all be mad at themselves and hopefully it means they take it out on the Panthers on Friday---start a new streak.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't think they played particularly poorly, but they wasted a lot of opportunities tonight with dumb decisions along the boards and did not move the puck efficiently in the offensive zone. Up until tonight that had been a strength the past 9 wins.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn

I'm more pissed than I've been in a while and we were just on a 9 game wining streak. Not saying we're a bad team, but the false hope of tying it up, then grabbing a PP late getting me all amped up, then a short handed goal...i can't even.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Thanks McDonagh!

...said no Rangers fan in a serious tone since 2014.

On a serious (lol) note, I've missed the last month of games, so it was a shame to catch the New York Idiots (who show up 75% of the time anyway) tonight. Shame I missed the squad I've been hearing about for two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad