Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning - November 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
remember guys, these will likely be oponents we face in the playoffs, and we won't have hte luxury of facing half a AHL team.

The entire team dropped the ball here. While Bishop played ecently, it wasn't a truly lights out game, there were numerous chances we could've had to pot a couple of goals and we flat out ****ed it up.

This was a shameful loss, and EVERYONE is accountable.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I thought they played well tonight as a whole, but they've been making too many mistakes and it finally caught up to them. It's November. Over the course of 82 games you'll lose some ugly ones.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
honestly, the Rangers deserved to lose a handful of the games they've won.

They were overdue for a game like this.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I don't care what the stats say. This is not a good offensive team. Kreider and Nash are garbage right now. When we face teams with a sound defense and good goaltending, we don't score for ****. Guess what kinds of teams we'll be playing in the playoffs.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This team turns into a bunch of mental midgets playing against this team. There is absolutely no reason why the other team should have won this game. A seeing eye shot and one good chance against, both are in the net.

This team can't score against big goalies. Bishop is deep in their heads.

I know they won 9 straight, but damn, I'd love to hear the explanations from the guys about what the hell happened tonight.

Jun 16, 2015
steve-carell-stare.jpg

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Yeah lets blame Zucc or McD on what was a **** pass and choice by Stepan. This board sometimes.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
You have the man advantage for the rest of regulation, the last thing you want to do IS GIVE UP AN ODD MAN RUSH. My lord, use your ****ing heads for once. Why are you attempting to lift the puck over someone's stick towards the blue line just so it can get fumbled and lead to a ****ing SHG? Really mind blowing.

Ain't even mad about the streak ending, I'm mad about complete stupidity leading to no points when at least one should of been guaranteed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
remember guys, these will likely be oponents we face in the playoffs, and we won't have hte luxury of facing half a AHL team.

The entire team dropped the ball here. While Bishop played ecently, it wasn't a truly lights out game, there were numerous chances we could've had to pot a couple of goals and we flat out ****ed it up.

This was a shameful loss, and EVERYONE is accountable.
Luckily they suck against every other team and might miss the playoffs.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Honestly, Stepan should've dumped it down the boards, even if it meant a TB intercept and clear. On hte PP like that, in that situation, you don't make that pass. As much as people, including myself, say you play to win, not to not lose, in that situation Stepan should've dumped it down and reset if possible. At least play for that single point.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Bad game but still - 9-1-0 last 10. MTL and Wash lose tonight. No harm done - start a new streak Saturday.

*Bob Richards*

As if they couldn't pull the knife out any slower it had to be with like 1:30 left in the game too.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
After taking a moment.. it was a nice run. I hate the fact that we lose it to that ****ing team. I hate them and their style so much.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
If AV isn't comfortable using Yandle on the 1st power play unit the Rangers should move Yandle ASAP. What was the point of the trade if Yandle isn't playing on the 1st unit?

Does AV have some sort of allergy to using timeouts? Why not use a timeout after the 2nd Lightning goal & settle the team down?

It's hard to complain about anything coming off a 9 game winning streak and yet here I am...

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
There's a lot of blame to go around on that play. The lack of a backcheck by the other player on the point makes me want to rage, though. That's inexcusable.

If you see the replay, he back checks as soon as that pass is bouncing off McD.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought they played well tonight as a whole, but they've been making too many mistakes and it finally caught up to them. It's November. Over the course of 82 games you'll lose some ugly ones.

First period was meh but we ouplayed them in 2nd and 3rd. Especially 2nd. Bishop is the reason we lost.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
And why Ryan McDonagh is on the 1st unit and Keith Yandle isn't, I need a good explanation. Like right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad