Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning - November 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What about Yandles attempted long pass deep in the zone? I said "uh-oh" as soon as the Bolts guy snagged it.

If that was high hockey I.Q.,then yikes.

I was late doing it, but I mentioned that during the GDT.

a general WTF to both guys.

That turnover was as bad as Girardi has ever made wearing a NYR jersey.

That's saying something.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What about Yandles attempted long pass deep in the zone? I said "uh-oh" as soon as the Bolts guy snagged it.

If that was high hockey I.Q.,then yikes.

Believe it or not, players with high hockey IQ screw up sometimes.

Stepan in my opinion, has the highest hockey IQ on this team, and yet he made that pass. A sample size of 1 hockey play isn't enough to determine how much hockey sense a player has.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Remember how mad you got at me in the offseason cause I was being harsh on him? Is this final stage before acceptance? He's not worth the contract.

I think he does so much good as a player, that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for longer than 20 games.

My problem with trading him in the offseason for futures was that we are a win now team, we need a weapon of Nash caliber in that spot, whether it's him or someone else.

BarbaraAlphanse

I think he does so much good as a player, that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for longer than 20 games.

My problem with trading him in the offseason for futures was that we are a win now team, we need a weapon of Nash caliber in that spot, whether it's him or someone else.

To be fair, I really wanted Nyquist or Tatar as the focal part of a package back. A top prospect on the cusp of entering NHL. And the redwings 1st.

Help now, nearly now, and in somewhat distant (2-3 years) future.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Stepan just had to lose his marbles didn't he. Terrible pass. What a ****ing dagger right to the feels.

And Bishop's gear looks ****ing ridiculus. He just sits there and hopes that the puck will hit him. Do something, Bettman.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's actually shooting closer to the net than last year but his shooting percentage is astronomically low.

No he just forgot how to play.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Brown would continue doing what he does because McIlrath's presence would be inconsequential?

Maybe so....that we will never know . Still...it would be nice to see somebody on our club make the games a wee bit uncomfortable for a couple of the opposition for a change instead of it always the other way around . We might even suck a few into retaliating for a change .

A few bumps on Stammer after the whistle a whack to BB ankles every now and then...a face wash here and there on Stralman , a few bumps for Hedman ...or we just continue to be a great regular season team and make belief playoff pretender year after year.

Soft/gutless won't cut it when the going gets tough or when the Refs put the whistles away .There are two hockey seasons....a team has to be built for the 2nd one and this team is not at that point no matter how many winning streaks we have . The only winning streak that is worth counting is the last one for Lord Stanley .

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Maybe so....that we will never know . Still...it would be nice to see somebody on our club make the games a wee bit uncomfortable for a couple of the opposition for a change instead of it always the other way around . We might even suck a few into retaliating for a change .

A few bumps on Stammer after the whistle a whack to BB ankles every now and then...a face wash here and there on Stralman , a few bumps for Hedman ...or we just continue to be a great regular season team and make belief playoff pretender year after year.

Soft/gutless won't cut it when the going gets tough or when the Refs put the whistles away .There are two hockey seasons....a team has to be built for the 2nd one and this team is not at that point no matter how many winning streaks we have . The only winning streak that is worth counting is the last one for Lord Stanley .

So much this. Many people on this board just don't get it. This team is a bunch of choir boys. They lack killer instinct. Champions usually have some players who would run over their own grandmother to win a title.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

The shooting % will probably drop. But not too significantly.

The Lundqvist stuff is pure conjecture. He COULD have a string of bad games. Just like any other goalie in the league COULD have.

Also, this guy wrote like 6-7 articles yesterday alone. I don't think you could have enough time to look at all the stats and data you need to write 7 informative articles in the same day.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I think if you were 5'10 and 175 and had to fight some 6'5" and 220 your tune would change.

Flip side is that generally speaking I do agree with you that in today's game there is no real deterrence. Rather I see it as settling things down early.

Lets say Brown starts running around in the 1st, Dylan smacks him around. I'd venture a guess he's less likely to continue to do that.

Players are smart. The Lightning were carrying 11 forwards, going down to 10 for 5 minutes early is something teams can recover from. Going down to 10 forwards for a 2nd time puts a good deal of pressure on the remaining ten (even if they can move one of the D to F)

guys that run around like Brown tend to play it a bit more straight when smacked around, moreso when smacked around early.

This is when guys on the 3rd and 4th lines or 5-6 defensemen have to do the same type of thing ...make life MISERABLE for a few key TB guys...it is soooooooooo simple ! It does not have to be a fight at all...just play and agitate like a real PRIC* ! It's not rocket science....LOL...well for some here it is actually . :popcorn:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That article was just waiting to be posted whenever the winning streak came to an end.

I love how people are surprised that during a 9 game winning streak, that a team with the best goalie in hockey had a high PDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad