GDT: Rangers @ Leafs | PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Everyone couldn't wait to get rid of Grabner last year

Now it's all "why didn't we re-sign him!?!?"

I was one of the few who wanted to resign him.

And yet, I can't say I'm stressing about him doing what he's doing... except when its against us.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Grabner wasn't all that good last year and you guys know it. I'm happy he's doing well, but nobody saw this coming. Just be happy for your success and let Grabner have his.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I was one of the few who wanted to resign him.

And yet, I can't say I'm stressing about him doing what he's doing... except when its against us.

He didn't fit in toronto. Many don' t. Toskala, Kessel. Etc. They are not real winners if they can't win in toronto.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Don't read into crap like that. He played about as well as anyone else on the team tonight.

He played JVR level and I didn't even see JVR. I just saw him standing alllll the time and usually he is so much better than that. I agree the team kinda sucked as a whole and am not going scream trade or anything dumb. I just thought it was weird

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

It's good that we got rid of him. We actually signed him BECAUSE he was due to score big-time due to his previous unlucky on-ice sh%. It's like Kadri last season vs this season in his on-ice sh%. But unfortunately Grabner's on ice-sh% was still low, but now this season it's crazy unsustainably high.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Nylander does not seem himself that much is for sure. My initial thought was the BS TSN crap that broke. I just, I don't know he seems confused like he is broken tonight. It's strange and I watch him closely and have never seen him this rattled.

The first goal, it was his man that scored and you could see Kadri wasn't happy about it when talking to him on the bench. He came out with a strong shift after the but then seemed lost.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
i agree with those 3 but i'll give Andersen a pass as well. 0 help tonight and the only reason they didnt score 5 goals in the 1st period

You are completely correct. I think Andersen did as well as he could have considering the dumpster fire in front of him. For some reason I was only thinking of the skaters and forgot about him.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
How did Babcock let him walk? He's not the GM, and this is the same Grabner that no one wanted at the deadline, and everyone wanted him gone last year right ?

If you think babs has a big if not the most say in the matter.....

Give your head a shake

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
These losses are OK this year in my book. We lost because we played like ****. Not because our team is ****. Nothing to be angry about our team has shown much better than this and these games happen.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Nylander does not seem himself that much is for sure. My initial thought was the BS TSN crap that broke. I just, I don't know he seems confused like he is broken tonight. It's strange and I watch him closely and have never seen him this rattled.

He was fine. People are so dramatic here over every little thing.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
We should be thanking Grabner if he had this type of year last year he would have derailed the tank. Because of Grabner sucking we have Matthews.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Yeah, they should just look back at the previous year. He was in 80 games and scored 9 goals. Why the heck would he be brought back?

Guys have bounce back or downright abnormal seasons. Grabner hasn't scored this many goals in a year since the 11-12 season. Good for him, but it's just an aberration.

Agree it definitely wasn't worth giving him a roster spot on the hope that he'd have a randomly successful season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The first goal, it was his man that scored and you could see Kadri wasn't happy about it when talking to him on the bench. He came out with a strong shift after the but then seemed lost.

Yeah! You saw that too right, anyways they'll bounce back next one.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.

The TSN crap from like a month and a half ago?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Worst performance in a month or so. The PP was awful and the team was extra sloppy. Can't even put this on the defence, a bunch of our key forwards were either indifferent or flat out bad tonight.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Not to mention if we still did have him these same people would be complaining about him stealing ice time from a prospect and we wind up seeing #freewhatevermarlieisdoingwell all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad