Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Refs were like, "ugh I don't really want to call this boarding on Buff, but if I don't I might have to break up a fight laaaaaaateeeeeer". They were awful as usual.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
Not the way this team has been winning Hockey games this season, looked like the Rangers of old almost being caught in our zone too much. But on the plus Hank was around for those times carrying the team and did so tonight despite still working on his timing so that's great news!

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Very meh game. Cut the 2pts is 2pts crap, don't like how we play these last games. The effort is not really there. Could be tousands of reasons for all I care. This is not the time to cool down. And hockey, with all its shot blocking and roughness, is not a sport where you can use couple of game to save yourself some energy. Alas, off to the next game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Happy they won. Way to go Rangers. Not a great game by any means, but they stuck it to them in the end (ooh, that doesn't sound right...)

Let the Kings miss the playoffs on their own.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
The Rangers are supposed to lose this game according to fancy stats crowd. What happened?

This is why the game is played on the ice and not on a spreadsheet.... there are ebbs and flows to a season, and the fact we find ways despite not playing great/injuries/non calls says a lot about the ways this team can win

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It's almost as if the team were content on coasting for the game until Miller got crosschecked so they came out in the 3rd intent on putting the dagger into these clowns.

Then again i just think the team is faitgued with tons of travel and games within a 14 day span so there's that.

In either case i'm happy they won. Even more happy that miller setup the GWG and Sam had enough live on air :laugh:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Every time miller went into buff's side I was fully expecting buff to get boarded hard but miller kept his composure which I kno I wouldn't have been able to.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I really don't know what people are talking about bad game. This was a pretty textbook road game. After the initial surge in a tough building, the Rangers didn't give up much in the way of chances.

That's how you win on the road. Screw all the Negative Normans around here.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
xmcdc_blu_1.gif

We need these for our guys hockey sticks

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Very meh game. Cut the 2pts is 2pts crap, don't like how we play these last games. The effort is not really there. Could be tousands of reasons for all I care. This is not the time to cool down. And hockey, with all its shot blocking and roughness, is not a sport where you can use couple of game to save yourself some energy. Alas, off to the next game.

We're like a week removed from dominating the Ducks.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Pls. Loudest building in the NHL, full roster for the first time in months, and in the midst of a heated playoff race. I'll take this win any day of the week. Maybe not the dominance like against Ottawa, but I thought we played really well. Rolled four lines, none were a detriment. Miller was fantastic, as was Girardi. Hank looked himself, which gives me more confidence in this team than all the corsis in the world!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Every time miller went into buff's side I was fully expecting buff to get boarded hard but miller kept his composure which I kno I wouldn't have been able to.

I agree gotta give miller credit. Love the poetic justice and I'm not gonna say anything else cause I may get banned

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Joe says the Rangers played a great game, pundits say we were lucky to win. The truth, as always, lies in the middle. Winnipeg played like a team fighting to be in the playoffs. They were going to come in long waves of attack. Luckily, the Rangers capitalized on a few of their lapses to win the game.

Henrik looked good tonight, encouraging after a shaky game in Boston.

I was very happy to see Kreider turn on the....jets, around Big Buff to score the winning goa. Epic.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I really don't know what people are talking about bad game. This was a pretty textbook road game. After the initial surge in a tough building, the Rangers didn't give up much in the way of chances.

That's how you win on the road. Screw all the Negative Normans around here.

Felt the same way.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
Miller is legitimate old school tough. Gonna be a force in years to come and hopefully this years PO's.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Miller can never come out of the lineup again. Guy's been great for some time now. Lundqvist was also excellent after giving up that soft goal. O and **** Byfuglien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad