GDT: RANGERS @ isles | 7pm | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The guy most angry about the Skjei trade is Staal. Now all of the ridicule will be aimed at him alone, that is, unless some fans find another whipping boy.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Client of mine had the flu and it took almost a week to get back to normal. If Kreider had a stomach bug he will play but if it was the flu no way he plays tonight. Why can't Buch play if he was cleared by the docs? From all reports sounds like he was shaken up but not physically injured.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Client of mine had the flu and it took almost a week to get back to normal. If Kreider had a stomach bug he will play but if it was the flu no way he plays tonight. Why can't Buch play if he was cleared by the docs? From all reports sounds like he was shaken up but not physically injured.
I thought I read he was at practice yesterday ? Maybe I misread it?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lindgren plays more. Smith I think can be plenty serviceable jumping in here for the stretch run. Much rather watch him on D than offense. Heck maybe he plays well enough that a team would be interested in taking him for the final year of his contract with minimal to no retention.

Hope we can take this game tonight. Islanders fans are all pumped up and acting cocky again after getting the almighty Pageau...

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

PTSD

Post Traumatic Shesterkin Driving

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You guys are a lot more optimistic about having Brendan Smith on the first pairing than I am.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Staals been getting shit but I'd argue he's been solid... arguably better than Skjei. He's still slow and overpaid though

Smith Trouba may provide some nastiness. Skjei was soft. His demeanor was soft. His play was underwhelming.

We'll be fine

not sure if you recall I wrote about this the night of the bruins game. Was sitting right behind the benches and watching Skjei. Just disgustingly soft out there. Backing off every attacker not putting an ounce of jam into the game. I mean the guy doesn’t want to get his hands dirty and frankly plays scared. Like he’s afraid to get burned. Very little confidence in his game or his own battle level. Really turned me off that day in particular when you see guys like Trouba Lindgren Smith Fox And Staal all going thru a wall in that one.

Reactions: BreadmanGetsPaid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad