Not open for further replies.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-new-york-islanders.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t think there’s a significant difference between Skjei and Smith frankly. Both make their mistakes. Both are big bodies and skate well.

they both are going to leave you shaking your head at times. Neither are number one Dmen. But there’s not going to be a huge drop from Skjei to Smith right now.

the key was Lindgren eating more and more mins. Once they felt they could rely on him to be a contributor and do what he’s been doing it made it clear that they could move Skjei sooner than they anticipated. A few months ago I would have thought it nuts trading Skjei this soon. But Lindgren was the key.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so after trading skjei we have 6 dmen and with buch hurt we have 12 forwards...and no spares. considering kreider was sick yesterday curious to see how the lineup pans out with no call ups at this point.

if CK is out with the flu can you call it an emergency callup and not burn one of the remaining callups?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Excited to see our fourth line hopefully pound dirt in their faces tonight. Over the last few years we got used to rolling four lines, and our top guys didn't play 21-22 minutes. With Panarin, Mika, possibly Strome, Kreider, and Buch all playing tops mins, the fourth line hasn't been getting a lot of ice-time. I hope he gives them some tonight, because I thought that in their limited mins they've been solid on the forecheck and puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad