Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders - January 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The Rangers like Yandle's offense. They don't trust his defense. They even seem to trust Boyle's defense more. Yandle never gets a PK shift. Boyle doesn't get a lot but he gets some. The other issue might be Yandle's physical game or lack thereof. Not talking about Yandle getting into scrums with his teammates--he's always there for that. It's more the meat and potatoes bumping and grinding and hitting and mucking. Yandle doesn't do very much of that. Even there Boyle is quite a bit more proactive.

There's no doubt in my mind that McDonagh is the Rangers best D. He's put up almost as much offense as Yandle and he plays in every key situation and in all situations. He could be playing better but he's still the backbone of our D. Without him IMO we'd be sunk. After Lundqvist he is the most important player on the team and I don't think it's that close to the next guy who is probably Zuccarello. At this point Brassard has passed Nash in the pecking order and Klein is pretty much even with Rick.
No way

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Some great quotes from Glass today after practice about Clutterbuck...

“He thinks I’m afraid of Matt Martin, but he should check hockeyfights.com and he’ll find out I’m not,” Glass said after today’s practice at the Madison Square Garden Training Center in Greenburgh, N.Y. “It’s just calling him out. He’s the toughest guy ever when it’s (Derick) Brassard and Zuccarello and I come around and he’s a mute. So it’s chicken. He wants to fight the little guys. He wants to be physical player, a gritty player, then he’s just silent when someone that actually might do something comes around? That’s not how the game should be.”

“It’s an energy building but I can’t say I’m doing it because it’s the Islanders,” Glass said. “The point is to call him out. A gesture is a little easier to see. Everyone should know he’s a phony.”

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Anyone have gif or vid of Tanny dance?

It just so happens I was about to post it, no lie:

Jan_14__2016_19_50.0.gif

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
LOL Islander fans have not won a single playoff series in decades but some of them are acting like they won the Stanley Cup last night :D

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The context tho...

Pls don't make me talk Tanner positives anymore. It's giving me anxiety :laugh:

Dude I am sitting in an airport right now and it is making me less anxious than imagining Tanny doing something positive for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad