Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders 3/7/13 - What Is This Gaborik You Speak Of?

Vickers8

Take the blinders off and don't be ignorant Bickel was punched in the face by the islander he in no was instigating .. Be fair not bias man

Wish they let them go, but Finley was hiding behind the linesman after he cheap shotted Bick, I thought he played responsibily as well, Halp drew 2 penalties but what am I missing here the 4th line was on, so their line drew 2 penalties, haley played well too

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Good road win last night.

Was hoping for a goal from one of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, etc.. but nonetheless a solid 2 points on the road.

I thought the Rangers carried the game all night (again) and if not for Nabokov this game could have gotten out of hand quickly. Few things

• I have to point this out right off the bat. Two guys stood out to me last night - Stepan (we have a new #1 center folks) continues to play very well, and Stralman - stepped up big time and had some really great rushes and offensive spurts. If Staal is out longterm, if he plays the way he did last night this team will be just fine.

• Lundqvist quietly has been putting together a string of solid games. He made 3 or 4 big time stops at key times.

• Nash, he just makes the difference on this team. Every time he comes down the ice with the puck something happens. Dubinsky? Anisimov? Who?

• Gaborik, its about time. I still think he hasnt been as hard on the puck as he can be. He was in some important sequences which mattered most but theres still another level of his game he needs to reach.

• Hamrlik was ok, well see if he can sustain it.

Mickaleen

May 8, 2012
Upstate NY
Good road win last night.

Was hoping for a goal from one of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, etc.. but nonetheless a solid 2 points on the road.

I thought the Rangers carried the game all night (again) and if not for Nabokov this game could have gotten out of hand quickly. Few things

• I have to point this out right off the bat. Two guys stood out to me last night - Stepan (we have a new #1 center folks) continues to play very well, and Stralman - stepped up big time and had some really great rushes and offensive spurts. If Staal is out longterm, if he plays the way he did last night this team will be just fine.

• Lundqvist quietly has been putting together a string of solid games. He made 3 or 4 big time stops at key times.

• Nash, he just makes the difference on this team. Every time he comes down the ice with the puck something happens. Dubinsky? Anisimov? Who?

• Gaborik, its about time. I still think he hasnt been as hard on the puck as he can be. He was in some important sequences which mattered most but theres still another level of his game he needs to reach.

• Hamrlik was ok, well see if he can sustain it.

Stralman was great last night. His skating and mobility really stood out.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Hate to say it, but the Islanders have a nice crop if young forwards. Im quite jealous they have Tavares to build around, yet confident they'll screw it up like they always do.

Their defense underneath the hash in their own zone was an absolute trainwreck. So many turnovers when the Rangers were forechecking. 55 minutes of pure frustration until they finally potted one.

The 3rd line of Powe-Boyle-Pyatt does a suitable job in a checking role, but you just know they're not going to score a goal when they're out there.

Vickers8

Check out Cally's screen:

very_large_163308653.jpg

Mickaleen

May 8, 2012
Upstate NY
Hate to say it, but the Islanders have a nice crop if young forwards. Im quite jealous they have Tavares to build around, yet confident they'll screw it up like they always do.

Their defense underneath the hash in their own zone was an absolute trainwreck. So many turnovers when the Rangers were forechecking. 55 minutes of pure frustration until they finally potted one.

The 3rd line of Powe-Boyle-Pyatt does a suitable job in a checking role, but you just know they're not going to score a goal when they're out there.

You aint kidding. Isles have a ton of talent up front. My God Grabner is like a rocket out there, 2 strides and hes gone.

Vickers8

The whole 3rd line played well but I thought Pyatt stood out, I'm confident that any one on one battle in the corner he will win the puck....

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I'd love to have a guy like Matt Martin on the Rangers. Then again, they had Prust who is pretty similar...

Islanders just seem like they have some good pieces but cannot put it together. Part of it's probably coaching and part of it is probably not having the kind of depth they need to consistently put pressure on teams and score, while not being bad defensively

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The whole 3rd line played well but I thought Pyatt stood out, I'm confident that any one on one battle in the corner he will win the puck....

Yep, he has been a great underrated signing. His combination of size, strength and skating make him difficult to play against.

He is exactly what I wanted Boyle to be this year. Hasn't happened.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If the Isles can draft and develop a few more D and a tender they will be contenders in the Division for sure. Will that happen? Will it happen before JT gets pissed off and leaves? That's another question.

Making the playoffs with realignment is gonna be no easy feat.

Vickers8

Yep, he has been a great underrated signing. His combination of size, strength and skating make him difficult to play against.

He is exactly what I wanted Boyle to be this year. Hasn't happened.

Started the season a little tentaive but is really playing well now, they said he was a bigger better Prust and they were right

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

They have huge void in net. And Isles fans chanting "Nabby" a la "Henrik" is just pathetic.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd love to have a guy like Matt Martin on the Rangers. Then again, they had Prust who is pretty similar...

Islanders just seem like they have some good pieces but cannot put it together. Part of it's probably coaching and part of it is probably not having the kind of depth they need to consistently put pressure on teams and score, while not being bad defensively

Martin would be a great fit anywhere in the league. Those types of players are more valuable than their stats suggest. The Rangers are lacking someone like that. I was hoping Haley could provide some of that on the 4th line, he has looked decent. Moves pretty well.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else think that Richards' injury has been a blessing in disguise? I think Torts will now have to put Miller at 3C. With Kreider playing well in CT maybe we'll see a return of Kreider-Miller-Callahan, but now with all 3 players having a lot more confidence. No semi-decent team should have Boyle, especially this version on the 3rd line, or Bickel in the lineup at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad