Friedman: Rangers interested in Victor Olofsson

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Based on??? The stretch of games he was playing obviously still hurt and without his best asset (shot) available to him? Because before that, he was our best forward.

Based on his whole career lol? He's horrid 5v5.

This year:

FNIYLC3WQAYKeaP

Before this year:

FNIYevUXMAM7a5s

This is while playing with Eichel & Reinhart. He's also been useless on the powerplay since Eichel left (3 PP goals in 80 games). Team has been much better on the PP since we swapped him with Tage on the PP1.

I just don't see him as a part of the team's future. Would much rather trade him for some picks + prospects instead of signing him long term.

Reactions: Jacob582

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's a useful player as a 3rd line guy who you can play on the PP, but to think he's worth Schneider is f'n hysterical.

Schneider right now is where K’Andre Miller was this time last year. Betwen the two of them it’s like having left shot and right shot versions of Marc Staal at the beginning of his career and Staal was one of the best shutdown D’s until the head injuries. Schneider has found a permanent place in the lineup in his D+2 year. Never say never but I really don’t think the Rangers are interested in moving him at all and certainly not for a middle 6 winger who is not all that far away from being a UFA.

Reactions: RickChartraw

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Rangers interested in literally everyone apparently. No joke for every player available it’s always the Rangers listed in the top 3 of teams interested. How many of these rumors have just been the players agent or team pumping the Rangers have inquired to boost the players stock?

Buffalo isn’t shopping Olofsson. He’s an RFA after the season.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They wouldn’t give up Schneider for Eichel. They’re DEFINITELY not giving him up for Olofsson.

I mean, we don’t know if that’s true or not. Even if we wanna go with your premise, he would not have been the main target of Buffalo in a return for Eichel. He would have been (to use the Vegas return as a comparable) the Tuch or the Vegas 1st part of the return.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rangers interested in anyone that wears 2 skates and can hold a hockey stick.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
All the reporters realize what's really going on but they won't tell their readers. Chris Drury is very straight forward and does not play games. He makes offers and sticks to his price. He made an earnest offer for J.T Miller months in advance of the deadline and will likely stick to it, perhaps upping a pick. He doesn't play the usual GM games. He never budged on the Eichel scenarios until he re-sign Zibanejad and closed the door on Eichel. He inquires about everyone because he's a 1st year GM with cap space and a good team with holes. All this Rangers speculation is just writers generating clicks.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Based on his whole career lol? He's horrid 5v5.

This year:

FNIYLC3WQAYKeaP

Before this year:

FNIYevUXMAM7a5s

This is while playing with Eichel & Reinhart. He's also been useless on the powerplay since Eichel left (3 PP goals in 80 games). Team has been much better on the PP since we swapped him with Tage on the PP1.

I just don't see him as a part of the team's future. Would much rather trade him for some picks + prospects instead of signing him long term.
I think we will keep the guy who was PPG to start the season until he got injured, he was perfectly fine at even strength.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
They wouldn’t give up Schneider for Eichel. They’re DEFINITELY not giving him up for Olofsson.
I don't think Eichel to the Rangers was ever all that serious. They already had a quality 1C in Zibanejad and all they had to do was re-sign him. That said I don't recall seeing that the Rangers had Schneider off the table in an Eichel deal. If so, I'd say that only reinforces that the Rangers really weren't all that serious of a bidder. Obviously Schneider for Olofsson isn't happening. Schneider is good and young, dirt cheap and the Rangers are looking at a serious cap crunch coming up. The Rangers aren't going to be the high bidder on a player they can't even afford next season.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I mean, we don’t know if that’s true or not. Even if we wanna go with your premise, he would not have been the main target of Buffalo in a return for Eichel. He would have been (to use the Vegas return as a comparable) the Tuch or the Vegas 1st part of the return.

It is true. It was reported by several different sources, including Friedman, Dreger, Seravalli and Brooks.

The point still stands, they’re not moving him for Olofsson if they wouldn’t move him for Eichel. No amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00