Friedman: Rangers interested in Victor Olofsson

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Old news. Rangers aren't interested in his QO.

Has that been reported? Legit question.

Arbitration shouldn't preclude a team from valuing an RFA for short-term contributions. The Flyers acquired Mrazek as a defacto rental a few years back, for example.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Arbitration shouldn't preclude a team from valuing an RFA for short-term contributions. The Flyers acquired Mrazek as a defacto rental a few years back, for example.

I think Staple mentioned it. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: It might have been from Friedman's 32 thoughts, which the linked article references, but I thought I read something specifically relating to the QO.

32 Thoughts: Could the Predators trade Filip Forsberg?

I do think the Rangers looked at Buffalo’s Victor Olofsson. However, he is a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, and I don’t believe New York can handle next season’s projected number.

I'm thinking the cost for Olofsson will be prohibitive as a pure rental.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think Staple mentioned it. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: It might have been from Friedman's 32 thoughts, which the linked article references, but I thought I read something specifically relating to the QO.

32 Thoughts: Could the Predators trade Filip Forsberg?

I'm thinking the cost for Olofsson will be prohibitive as a pure rental.

They said the same thing about Bennett with Florida.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Carrier unavailable?

I would think so. Fabbro and Carrier are most likely going to be the two RHD's in the top-four for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I'm not as high on Carrier as the rest of the fanbase, but can definitely see the potential brewing. Wouldn't trade him (at least not yet).

Young RHD that we can pencil in next to Dahlin/Power or I keep Olofsson. I have absolutely no idea why ~1/4 of our fanbase is itching to give away a good young player (and a guy who looked like our best forward before getting injured this season).

Understandable.

Reactions: Fjordy

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not really sure where he fills the line-up. Rangers struggled with 5 on 5 scoring, but Olofsson has 5 even strength goals this season so I'm not sure how much that's going to help unless he's pushed to play with Strome and Panarin on the right side with an increased role.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

It was mentioned earlier in the season that Rangers had inquired.

buffalo isn’t trading him for secondary pieces.

he has 1 yr before being a UFA.

he’s playing injured this year which affects his slap shot but he can do other things.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers interested in literally everyone apparently. No joke for every player available it’s always the Rangers listed in the top 3 of teams interested. How many of these rumors have just been the players agent or team pumping the Rangers have inquired to boost the players stock?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00