LeBrun: Rangers interested in Tomas Hertl

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Such a pissing contest. They're both good players. Let it go or take this Zibanejad - Hertl conversation somewhere else.

Hertl started scoring more when they finally put and left Meier on his wing. Know of any sites that breaks down linemates shift by shift? Stats really aren't my thing

I had a better site on my other mac but here's a decent site that breaks down most used lines in the quarter and points. (Unsure the accuracy)
Tomas Hertl - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

Reactions: Groo

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Lol

Hertl has a 3 team trade List

he can pick Kings & Ducks basically making a 1 team list
Haven't the players submitted their list already? Or has that changed / just a myth?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Haven't the players submitted their list already? Or has that changed / just a myth?
Normally they are submitted at the beginning of the offseason I believe. So yes they should be. Many have speculated Hertl would be willing to waive for almost any contender though.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
It's literally just a matter of being too busy during the hockey season to pay attention to any team but my own. I'll watch highlights from time to time (like tonight with Meier's 5-goal game), but there just isn't enough time to actively follow several teams. I miss my 20s, when there was time for such stuff, haha.

I have seen Hertl a bunch of times throughout his career. I think a lot of Ranger fans kind of keep tabs on him to see if he'll retire another goalie like he did Biron. Good player. This thread made it look like I hate him, when all I was trying to convey was that he would be behind Zib in addition to Panarin, Fox, and Shesterkin. He'd still be our 5th best player over guys like Strome, Kreider, Trouba, etc.

Has Barabanov ever played the right side? We need a middle six RW in a bad way, and I'd pay a 2nd for Barabanov if he could fill that role (we have two 2nds this summer anyway).

As mentioned above, yes, mostly LW. No problem with your placement on 5th best player, here.

The way I look at it the best cup contenders are built around centers and a franchise D, with solid depth on the wings #3-6 d-men. Rangers have elite wingers, d, and a goalie, but they have neither a top 10 center, nor an elite #2 center. Adding Hertl, and he and Zibanejad would be a top 5 1-2 punch (Oilers, Toronto, Colorado, VGK/Tampa).

With the complexity of the cap, I can see where it may not work. On the flip side, I can absolutely see why NYR would be sniffing around Hertl or Miller.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol

Hertl has a 3 team trade List

he can pick Kings & Ducks basically making a 1 team list

they trade him it will be one firsr and a decent prospect oe two - if all
31 teams in it - it would be higher but SJ screwed trying to maximize with only the specific team he wants believed to be Boston to center his Czech buddy- Pastrnak got the guest room ready for him so they know something

that said Sharks should try and keep him

they probably consider offering the couturier deal and get it done

It’s not too bright to suggest that adding the Kings and Ducks would make it a one team list. Both of those teams would have a high level of interest in Hertl and if the Sharks felt they need to get a return before he leaves, they will make deals with them.

Reactions: Groo

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Kravtsov, Reunanen + 2nd or 3 rounder for Hertl.
ThreeSniffFour
863w.gif

Reactions: Patty Ice

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
One way or the other the rangers are going to need to buck up if they want hertl/Miller… otherwise you are going to be outbid.
They can live with that especially since the majority of the team has no playoff experience at all. Drury is checking in on prices and the reporters/fans run away with the narrative as usual.

Reactions: Dijock94

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Sharks 4 points behind Vegas for 1st place and 4 points above Calgary for wild card spot. They may not be selling anyone, let alone Hertl, if they are still right in it like this in March.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks 4 points behind Vegas for 1st place and 4 points above Calgary for wild card spot. They may not be selling anyone, let alone Hertl, if they are still right in it like this in March.

They're still 9th in the conference in points percentage. Have to wait until after February to get a real read on any of these teams with all the makeup games that need to happen.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not sure a puck moving RD is the way to go here. Sharks are pretty locked in at the position

That depends on what kind of flexibility they have with Burns. If the Sharks snagged Lundkvist in a Hertl rental trade, I would consider moving Burns either in a trade or back up to winger depending on their trade options. Getting Lundkvist to pair with Merkley hedges their bet that one of them will establish themselves in a top four role as they need someone to replace Burns eventually. If Hertl's as good as gone, they need to start looking at Burns' replacements if they can't snag a legitimate top end center prospect in any of this.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
That depends on what kind of flexibility they have with Burns. If the Sharks snagged Lundkvist in a Hertl rental trade, I would consider moving Burns either in a trade or back up to winger depending on their trade options. Getting Lundkvist to pair with Merkley hedges their bet that one of them will establish themselves in a top four role as they need someone to replace Burns eventually. If Hertl's as good as gone, they need to start looking at Burns' replacements if they can't snag a legitimate top end center prospect in any of this.
We also have Karlsson in that role. We already lost Kane and if were to lose Hertl as well then I'd be looking mostly at forwards regardless of them being centers. Now a defense man who brings a different dimension ought to be considered as well.

If we lose Hertl what's going to keep Meier around ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad