LeBrun: Rangers interested in Tomas Hertl

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Not shocking. Makes sense.

Be interesting to see what the rumoured package is.

My bet is not far off what it would have cost for Eichel.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He said he wants to go somewhere to win pretty much in the off-season. Money talks but we will see

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ziba and Hertl would be a pretty awesome 1A-1B center punch. You can dream big with that kind of duo up the middle. And the Rangers have the assets. It only makes sense if they feel reasonably comfortable that Hertl’s long-term contract fits their cap structure though. Because he needs to be a looked at as a long-term play.

Reactions: Hemsky001

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
SJ would be idiots not to re-sign him. In fact , they should be trying to do it asap before he tests the market this summer…

LeBrun says in the video that the Sharks approached Hertl about an extension last summer but his agent declined. LeBrun says he expects San Jose to approach them again once the dust settles with Kane and they know how much cap space they have next season.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Yuck, they are still obsessed over that 4 goal game he had against Biron?
I think it has more to do with the fact that Chytil is a bust and was suppose to become what Hertl is. I don’t see how Rangers acquire him as they have Strome so unless it’s a 3 way deal I don’t think you have to worry about Rangers acquiring him. Rangers wouldn’t need to be looking at Hertl if their previous GM wasn’t so bad at his job. Lias,Chytil,Karl Henriksson all have been garbage. Passed on Villardi,Suzuki and Necas for Lias. Oh and he thought Brett Howden was a top 6 Centre

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
New York’s 1st is the centerpiece in a trade, I think. The Rangers shouldn’t be expected to go far (not that they couldn’t), so their pick should hold more value than that of a more established contender. Late teens/early twenties to a division winner/conference finalist 1st is a decent drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad