LeBrun: Rangers interested in Tomas Hertl

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We also have Karlsson in that role. We already lost Kane and if were to lose Hertl as well then I'd be looking mostly at forwards regardless of them being centers. Now a defense man who brings a different dimension ought to be considered as well.

If we lose Hertl what's going to keep Meier around ?

I think they’re at a point where it’s just best asset available when it comes to anyone they’d consider trading. Out of those I’ve heard as acceptable offers, the best forward I’ve seen is McMichael and I feel Lundkvist is better enough to justify trading for best asset over filling a need. I don’t think any need can be filled through trading anyone we have.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Am I the only one that has trouble seeing San Jose move a piece like Hertl in the middle of a playoff race, especially after Kane’s cap hit is off their books?

Doesn’t it make more sense for them to move Lebanc in the offseason?

Reactions: bernmeister

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Am I the only one that has trouble seeing San Jose move a piece like Hertl in the middle of a playoff race, especially after Kane’s cap hit is off their books?

No most Sharks fans understand that is a possibility due to the mirage they're putting on currently of being in a playoff spot.

It makes sense for the Sharks to move Labanc at any point in time at this point but he's injured and with a hefty contract. Unless he comes off injury and plays well, nobody is going to want to trade for him. If he comes off injury and plays well, the Sharks probably won't want to trade him foolishly.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Smoke and mirrors. Every action from the org screams rebuild regardless of their positioning in the standings. The only reason the Sharks are in the playoffs is because the actual contenders in the pacific have 6 games in hand.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravtsov, Reunanen + 2nd or 3 rounder for Hertl.
IF Hertl had term, MAYBE this could work OTHERWISE, but it is a nonstarter b'c both Rangers have no cap to offer Hertl extension and it is too expensive for a rental of a ufa.

One way or the other the rangers are going to need to buck up if they want hertl/Miller… otherwise you are going to be outbid.
I and I suspect most of our base can live with that.
Sure there are a few vocal, hard core ones who refuse to remember to the excessive overreaches of EStaal, Clowe, etc.
But most I think, while they want a move, they even more want to max our window by not dealing elc/other youth which extends it.

how about Kravtsov, Lundkvist +2 and 3 round picks?
NO

SJ ideally re-signs unless they want to get younger and then it is an open market which NY will pay but not overpay for reasons stated and prob get outbid.

Which is fine. Even LeoDrai cannot guarantee a cup. Hertl or Miller would help short term, but not be worth long term cost.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Can San Jose fans stop with this narrative? Literally, Meier is the most frequent player on the scoresheet with Hertl when he has an even strength point. Meier has been involved in ten of Hertl's ES points; Barabanov has been in on 9, Burns on 7, and nobody else showed up more than 4 times (Balcers and Ferraro). It's great that you want to spin this idea that Hertl is putting up points with 4th liners, but the reality is that most of his even strength points involve your best player.

There's also the issue that Hertl has been feasting on bottom feeders this season. A third of his points have come against two teams (Buffalo and Philly). He has 5 points each against them. Hertl has played 12 games against the top 10 teams in the league. In those games? He has 2 points, both assists, one on the power play (against the Canes and the Blues). Zibanejad? His best performances have come against the Florida Panthers (4 points), Montreal, Tampa Bay, and Vegas (3 points each). The top two teams in the league, the 11th ranked team, and one bottom feeder. Against the top ten (not counting the Rangers), Zib has 12 points (6 goals and 6 assists) in 13 games.

I reiterate--the two are not close.
:laugh:

Reactions: Groo

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How the hell am I wrong if Chytil is improving young stud while Hertl is an overhyped expensive player who is likely past his prime how many points did Hertl score in 2016/17? a whopping 22? yet he recovered. Chytil will be fine too.
Thankfully we did not trade away Chytil.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thankfully we did not trade away Chytil.
Yes, but this reply to your own post also was derogatory to Hertl, unnecessarily so.
Yes good thing you bumped the thread after he has a couple points …

Greatest ever . Mcd has nothin on him
I said that Chytil has been emerging for over a year, got briefly derailed due to hand injury. Said he had to learn how to use his shot, but more important, had to have correct Ws to complement and optimize his performance.

Looks like the much criticized bern was right.
Get your a Devs fan but you can stuff your anti-Ranger bias/sarcasm, and admit that.
Or don't and continue to look bad.

Yeah this should've been locked, Once Hertl resigned with San Jose.
I generally go with let things die a natural death, but I'm with you on this one.
This thread in particular is wack, tho, as post 1 is about Kane, yet the title changed over to NYR-Hertl.

Second the motion: lock er up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad