Speculation: Rangers Head Coach Search (Laviolette being finalized? According to Vince and Friedman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
He hated the young guys on Caps too. McMichael had terrific advanced stats 2 seasons ago and he still wouldn’t give him more than a couple min a game.

For a team that’s supposed to start leaning on the young talent to start leading it doesn’t seem ideal
Matt Irwin will be a Ranger. Irwin played for Laviolette in Nashville and Washington. Laviolette played Irwin over Alexeyev.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m sure Laviolette is going to be the coach but we’re realllyyyyy stretching the whole “confirmed with link” tag with the Spittin Chiclets guys as the source lmao

Changed it to speculation for now, sorry @EdJovanovski , if this falls through will move back to the other discussion thread. But don’t think they would put their reputation on the line for this to be fake news. Once official by the Rangers or another source , will change tag.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
1685401102482.jpeg

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Would love for someone to paint the upside case for this franchise right now.

This screams 2-3 lost years to me, factored into everything else roster and development wise seems more like 10+ lost years.

Really not seeing the upside case where Laviolette is the answer. The only one I can make is for Drury’s personal reputation and job security because it’s the easiest lowest risk decision he could have possibly made.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

This screams 2-3 lost years to me, factored into everything else roster and development wise seems more like 10+ lost years.

Really not seeing the upside case where Laviolette is the answer. The only one I can make is for Drury’s personal reputation and job security because it’s the easiest lowest risk decision he could have possibly made.
No real upside honestly. Maybe Panarin and Mika buy into what he wants and Igor gets hot and that drives us to a cup but idk

Much more likely scenario is they’re a good regular season team, have some success in the playoffs but don’t win and Drury and Lavy are gone in 2 years

That’s where it gets dark. Dolan wanting to win and Sather is the only guy standing to help make decisions lmao

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Besides the untouchables like Quenneville and Babcock (both of which probably would've led to me no longer being a fan of the team), Laviolette might genuinely be my last choice, among everyone who was a remotely serious candidate. It is crystal clear now that Drury is scrambling to save his job, and has no actual long-term plan.

Might as well trade the kids, they're gonna get screwed with even more than Gallant already had

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not saying it's not going to happen but I don't know if that site is as credible as some might think. My take on this thing is Drury keeps things pretty much to himself until they happen to happen. There is probably a handful or less people who have an idea where he's going but they're not talking either. I've heard it that the reason Jim Ramsay was let go is he was privy to something and leaked it. That makes sense out of something that surprised everyone and sounds a bit to me like the Drury we've all come to know and love or not love (or somewhere in between) since he became GM.

By the way I'd rather we go in another direction than Laviolette.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Very meh. Not known for developing kids which we desperately needed. Hopefully he has more of a system than Gallant.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

The rosy glass half full view is that Laviolette has taken multiple teams to the Finals; he will instill more of a system and kids and vets will both flourish more than they have under Quinn or Gallant and we will look like a powerhouse finally like Colorado or Boston.

The half empty view is that this is a retread of all retreads with no new ideas who has failed badly his last few stops.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Besides the untouchables like Quenneville and Babcock (both of which probably would've led to me no longer being a fan of the team), Laviolette might genuinely be my last choice, among everyone who was a remotely serious candidate. It is crystal clear now that Drury is scrambling to save his job, and has no actual long-term plan.

Might as well trade the kids, they're gonna get screwed with even more than Gallant already had
Drury has never had a long term plan obviously. At least Gorton understood the need to build for the future. F Drury.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Trade then while they have little value smells of Petr Prucha yea that's the Rangers way. Lafy and Kakko to Arizona for 2ed and 3rd in 23 24 25 26

Drury has never had a long term plan obviously. At least Gorton understood the need to build for the future. F Drury.
Drury is just a puppet from Dolan. These moves basically confirm that

Reactions: mas0764

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
This is an abomination
Oh boy. Here we go. 19 pages of bitching by 3 posters in the next week.

Bro, you understand your T bagging of Vitali Kravtsov did you ZERO favors regarding credibility right?

If Pete becomes the coach, I'm rooting for the guy, his staff, and his system. And my critiques start with the players and this shit core first, personally.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Can't say I am excited about this decision, but hoping for the best. At least my expectations are low.

Reactions: TheWrongWay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad