Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Habs - 3/26/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
You all in the NY-Tri-State area are SOOOO lucky when it comes to pizza. I'm so jealous.

Pizza capital of the world. Better than Italy in my opinion.

That's why the Rangers' partnership with Papa John's was always such a head-scratcher to me.

Sorry I missed the game last night, everybody. We were having dinner with some friends who have a toddler, and their schedule is the worst... :laugh:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
better them than us lol

04gAKe7.png

Burn baby burn!

Too bad you can't keep the players before the draft anymore!

It's always nice to win in Montreal.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You all in the NY-Tri-State area are SOOOO lucky when it comes to pizza. I'm so jealous.
Couple weeks ago they opened up a NY style pizza place here. I was so happy. They take your name which is strange and look at me like I'm insane when I say "plain", but it's legit.

Last edited:

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
So every time he crushed someone and receives a penalty, that has no effect on confidence or play? Do you think it is a coincidence he doesn't play that physical anymore?

Show me some big hits that he was wrongfully penalized for.
He's never been very physical when it comes to the hitting department. Every now and then he lays out a nice hit, but that is not what the problem is about. The problem is that he doesn't finish every check like he should, doesn't go to the dirty areas, rather put the brakes on than take the puck to the corner and get hit. I think he still have time to adjust his game and develop into a great player, but it's is his own hands to do so.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
lirl, Famous Original, if you still live in Victoria. Also I just realized the last time the Rangers haven't made it past the 1st round was 5 years ago lol.
I do not, and I never really left the house when I did :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Only got to watch the last half of the game. The only thing that stuck out to me was how poor Marc Staal was at 5v5, how poor Sam and Joe were, and how anemic Girardi makes his partner. Beyond that, The offense was fantastic. Brassard is incredible, and Stepan looks awesome with Zucc. Really glad that AV finally broke up that line. Fast out of the top 6 is fantastic as well.

I assume AV stuck with these lines based on what I saw in the GDT:

Chris Kreider, Derick Brassard, Rick Nash
JT Miller, Derek Stepan, Mats Zuccarello
Eric Staal, Kevin Hayes, Jesper Fast
Tanner Glass, Dominic Moore, Viktor Stalberg

Those lines, for once, make sense:
- Nash and Zucc separated. They don't compliment eachother
- Stepan and Zucc are magic together.
- Hayes back at center and Staal on the wing is what's been needed. Our wing depth finally looks OK
- Very happy with Miller's development
- Stalberg on the 4th line actually makes that line hard to play against--he's clearly a 3rd liner

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Show me some big hits that he was wrongfully penalized for.
He's never been very physical when it comes to the hitting department. Every now and then he lays out a nice hit, but that is not what the problem is about. The problem is that he doesn't finish every check like he should, doesn't go to the dirty areas, rather put the brakes on than take the puck to the corner and get hit. I think he still have time to adjust his game and develop into a great player, but it's is his own hands to do so.

Do your own research! Besides which, I don't know how to embed links. However, on a quick google search, a link to a thread on this site came up. "Chris Kreider gets called for the worst game misconduct of all time!"

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Do your own research! Besides which, I don't know how to embed links. However, on a quick google search, a link to a thread on this site came up. "Chris Kreider gets called for the worst game misconduct of all time!"

There were a couple ridiculous calls on CK this season. One of the most egregious and that immediately pops into my head is when he and opponent are going for a loose puck coming around the boards. He wins the race, touches the puck and has proper position to guard the puck. The opponent is still barreling in so he initiates contact with his back side, since he's guarding HIS PUCK, drops the guy(as usual) and gets called for interference.

I don't remember who they were playing but it was one of a few really bad "reputation" calls he's been getting.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
There were a couple ridiculous calls on CK this season. One of the most egregious and that immediately pops into my head is when he and opponent are going for a loose puck coming around the boards. He wins the race, touches the puck and has proper position to guard the puck. The opponent is still barreling in so he initiates contact with his back side, since he's guarding HIS PUCK, drops the guy(as usual) and gets called for interference.

I don't remember who they were playing but it was one of a few really bad "reputation" calls he's been getting.
This is pretty much my point and can be see dozens of times throughout Kreider 's very short career. Basically, neutering him, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad