News Article: Rangers getting sued by a Podcaster.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
If the Rangers used his content without permission or compensation for their own marketing campaign, seems like a straightforward violation of law. But I can’t imagine he has much damages.
I think this is the thing. Does he need to prove some sort of harm done to himself or his career? I doubt he really can.

Still, it was pretty low-rent of MSG to do that. They could have just (a) key him know they'd like to use his voice, he'd probably have been thrilled and not charged them, or (b) recorded an intern saying something similar and not have bothered.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
MSG should know better but it will be hilarious to see Anthony take a settlement only to realize MSG has banned him from all games at the Garden.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
MSG should know better but it will be hilarious to see Anthony take a settlement only to realize MSG has banned him from all games at the Garden.
That would suck for him. I know Dolan will ban any lawyers whose law firms are in active litigation against one of the family's venues even if the lawyer isn't working on that particular case. They banned a lawyer from going to a Christmas show with her daughter's Girl Scout troop for that reason.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
That would suck for him. I know Dolan will ban any lawyers whose law firms are in active litigation against one of the family's venues even if the lawyer isn't working on that particular case. They banned a lawyer from going to a Christmas show with her daughter's Girl Scout troop for that reason.
sue MSG, get rekt

• Haha
Reactions: NYR94

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
The is a clever back door way to build interest in a substandard podcast. Lawsuit? As my lawyer friend likes to say, “ there’s no there there”
He is just trying to get attention. How many people will listen to the podcast, now that it's in the news? I have never listened to it.

Reactions: bobbop

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
It’s a good thing you don’t know who he is. He’s a loser that wishes the current NHL was more like the WWE. A tool who turned on Lundqvist because he wouldn’t do signings with him.

He’s like a 50 year old man-child who still eats HungryMan microwaveables and thinks 80’s mullets and Trans Ams still rock.

Hey...easy now!

(I've owned one for a while now lol)

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
It’s a good thing you don’t know who he is. He’s a loser that wishes the current NHL was more like the WWE. A tool who turned on Lundqvist because he wouldn’t do signings with him.

He’s like a 50 year old man-child who still eats HungryMan microwaveables and thinks 80’s mullets and Trans Ams still rock.
And didn't send me a puck i paid for

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
And didn't send me a puck i paid for

76ibw6.jpg

Reactions: gabevh3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad