Pre-Game Talk: Rangers Flyers Rookie Series Sept 15 7 PM and Sept 16 5 PM

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This should be the officla thread for the series before the games next Friday and Saturday. Proa0ecr Rosters, lineups, surprise tryouts, injuries etc. I will make a thread for the games the day off on next Friday and next Saturday

All news involving the rookie tournament should be posted here.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
When do we expect the rosters to be released? I’m interested but only if the Rangers are sending some of their top prospects. Will Perreault play in this?
Perrault, no, not allowed, nor Fortescu or Karpa, Kampf, Manicini or Laba, etc. Would compromise their NCAA eligibility(ie kids who also cannot attend Training Camp)

Expect Othmann, Sykora, Berard, , Edstrom, Korczak, the F Pack signed from OHL, the newly drafted OHL F kid, probably some guys who were w Pack last year, maybe not Cuylle(but maybe) but Trevino, Rempe, Scanlin, …

This not about competition or winning at all, or even really evaluating; just some training then games so young guys in best hockey shape for Main Camp

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Perrault, no, not allowed, nor Fortescu or Karpa, Kampf, Manicini or Laba, etc. Would compromise their NCAA eligibility(ie kids who also cannot attend Training Camp)

Expect Othmann, Sykora, Berard, , Edstrom, Korczak, the F Pack signed from OHL, the newly drafted OHL F kid, probably some guys who were w Pack last year, maybe not Cuylle(but maybe) but Trevino, Rempe, Scanlin, …

This not about competition or winning at all, or even really evaluating; just some training then games so young guys in best hockey shape for Main Camp
If they paid their own way and received no compensation, could they play? I know why they wouldn't want to, I'm just curious.

Reactions: leetch99

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If they paid their own way and received no compensation, could they play? I know why they wouldn't want to, I'm just curious.
It might be that if they paid their way, they could do the training, maybe but not play the game with paid admissions in pro uniforms against paid pros. Those rules are always unclear to me

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Barbashev is another player expected to be in this tournament. Hopefully Rangers will announce the roster soon but I can see them announcing it the morning of the game the way they announce stuff

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If Barbashev is going to play domestically, he should be there. If he's going to play abroad, which isn't as likely, he wouldn't be there. But then again, if he were playing abroad we'd probably have heard something by now.

Simon Kjellberg is no longer on Northern Michigan's roster, so with his NCAA status uncertain, he could be a possibility.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Barbashev is another player expected to be in this tournament. Hopefully Rangers will announce the roster soon but I can see them announcing it the morning of the game the way they announce stuff
Yeah Barbie too, maybe Khellberg given nyr2k2 finding him not listed by NMU and boyko, lindbom, maybe garand
And some tryouts, maybe Pack or Cincy signees
If you follow how NYR usually announce stuff expect rosterearly next week maybe day before rookie camp starts

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If we win: wow, can’t believe the development staff is finally having an effect on these prospects. Future looks great!

If we lose: wow, can’t believe Laviolette couldn’t have these kids prepared to show up for these games. It’s Quinn and Gallant all over again

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't understand the NCAA stuff anymore but it was always confusing. I remember the basketball players always had it tough because certain events they could play but then a random kid would play a charity game with pros or coached by an NBA coach and it would be an issue. College baseball teams would play a spring training game against an MLB team but they couldn't practice with the pro team. NCAA hockey players could attend the prospect development camps but not training camp or the prospect tourneys. I'm sure the rules probably aren't that complicated, but they sure aren't clearly spelled out for the average fan.

In any event, if there is some mechanism by which the college guys could possibly play in this type of event, the reality is that they just don't, and we shouldn't get our hopes up expecting that they might.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Looking at last year's prospect development roster there were no free agent invites. All the players were draft choices, free agent signing and AHL signings.

Goalies: Garand, Lindbolm, Boyko -- Could have the same three this camp

Defense: AHL signees Luke Martin and Louka Henault, both gone and replaced by Zach Berzolla and Will Barton;
Draftees: Jones, Robertson and Skinner
Traded: Emberson
Free Agent: Scanlin
Skinner is gone and Jones seems unlikely. That will leave them two short. Perhaps as has been speculated Khellberg or a Cincinnati contract or a free agent invitee (Ryan McCleary and Joe Amstem were WHL invitees to prospect development camp)

Forwards: Draftees: Sykora, BMB, Pajuniemi, Cuylee, Henriksson, Rempe, Othmann, Korczak, Edstrom, Barbashev, Grubbe
Free Agent Signees: Trivigno, Khodorenko

Pajuniemi, Grubbe and Khodorenko are gone, probably replaced by Berard, Dylan Roobroeck and the two AHL signees, Panwar and Pekar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad