Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers - January 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I knew it was in before it went in. Zook played that perfectly waiting for Mason to commit. :handclap:

Moves like that are why I get so annoyed when Zucc comes in and tries to do his shot where he doesn't move, but then misses and it is an easy save.

He is so deceptive with his movements and so good at faking, he needs to deke almost every time. Only shoot when it's obvious the goalie is sitting waiting for the deke.

Btw, I love JT Miller. He is so good. He is untouchable for me at this time.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You're really asking for it making a post that clearly shows ignorance.

They play like GARBAGE and rely on Hank and nothing else. It's sad.

Let's be serious though, today was a horrible game by the team, but they have been playing better lately. The teams play has been on the upswing.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Didn't hear one comment or insult from Flyer fans today. I was absolutely shocked. The worst I got was the Flyer fans trying to give me a mock high five after they scored which I gave right back to them after we scored.

A lot of Ranger fans there today as was probably heard on the broadcast. Thought the team played pretty decent through the first 2. The 3rd and OT were just a flat out disaster, no way around it. Looks like Henrik is back which is good to see.

They've gotta fix their 3rd periods. Second game in a row they blew a lead and played a sub optimal 3rd. They possessed the puck more in the Isles game but that was only after the disastrous 5 minutes to start and because the Isles sat back. They didn't generate many good chances. Today, the Flyers just took it to them the entire period.

Again, coming out of this game I'm happy with the 2 points and encouraged by things I saw but also reminded there's a lot of things that still need work. Regardless, I'm a lot more hopeful about this team going forward than I was a month ago based on their play.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Didn't hear one comment or insult from Flyer fans today. I was absolutely shocked. The worst I got was the Flyer fans trying to give me a mock high five after they scored which I gave right back to them after we scored.

A lot of Ranger fans there today as was probably heard on the broadcast. Thought the team played pretty decent through the first 2. The 3rd and OT were just a flat out disaster, no way around it. Looks like Henrik is back which is good to see.

They've gotta fix their 3rd periods. Second game in a row they blew a lead and played a sub optimal 3rd. They possessed the puck more in the Isles game but that was only after the disastrous 5 minutes to start and because the Isles sat back. They didn't generate many good chances. Today, the Flyers just took it to them the entire period.

PS. Not that I've ever been to Philly for a game LOL! But in my life and all that, travelling to PA a few times and meeting them when I had Ranger gear on.

Again, coming out of this game I'm happy with the 2 points and encouraged by things I saw but also reminded there's a lot of things that still need work. Regardless, I'm a lot more hopeful about this team going forward than I was a month ago based on their play.
Personally I've never had any problems from Flyer fans. I actually have pretty good discussions with them about hockey overall. They are respectful, at least that's been my experience.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
He is so deceptive with his movements and so good at faking, he needs to deke almost every time
When he came into the league, he did his "patented" deke the first 6 - 7 times he was in the shootout, and scored each time. He could do that because he was unknown to the goalies he faced.

But after that, he had to change it up. Goalies now knew what to expect, so he had to become unpredictable. If not, the goalies would just plug the gap at the right post and sit there waiting for him, hehe.

But yes, that deke of his is gorgeous, i dont think there is a goalie in the world who saves that if he isn't prepared for it.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Didn't watch the game but is Klein injured?
He hurt his wrist pretty bad, and was taken to the locker room (probably for X-ray's / examination). But he did come back and play, so hopefully it was just a solid stinger, and nothing damaging.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'd imagine it was discussed in the GDT at the time but I 100% would have had Dom Moore out there to take that face off on the PP in OT. 10 seconds left, you have to win that draw.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'd imagine it was discussed in the GDT at the time but I 100% would have had Dom Moore out there to take that face off on the PP in OT. 10 seconds left, you have to win that draw.

I suspect AV had Step take it because he is a right handed draw.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
And I think it's time they try to trade McDonagh now while he has worth and a reasonable contract. He is a terribly overrated (and now slow?) defenseman

Really? You lose all credibility right here....Ryan has some of the best feet in the league. If you want to say he is slow, then Karlson, Subban, Doughty, Weber and any othe D man you want to talk about is slow too

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't watch the game but is Klein injured?

Yes, but we don't know if its a bad injury. It was a wrist issue, kind of similar to the one last season when Ovechkin shot hit him in the wrist. Someone on the Flyers hit him with a shot in the wrist, he left the game, eventually came back, but was having trouble gripping his stick, and I think his playing time was limited after he returned. AV said he didn't have anything to say about the injury, I don't know if that means its not a problem or they don't know if its a bad injury.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Really? You lose all credibility right here....Ryan has some of the best feet in the league. If you want to say he is slow, then Karlson, Subban, Doughty, Weber and any othe D man you want to talk about is slow too

McDonagh's catch-up speed isn't where it used to be. He's not the same defender anymore.

And even if he wasn't slow, he's still stupid and makes bad decisions. At least that's what I saw today.

I mean, there's no sugarcoating it -- the Rangers sucked today and got bailed out by their goaltender. Doubtful I watch another game for a while after today's train wreck.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Played better against the Islanders, won this game. 2 things were the difference:

1. Lundqvist, our best player, was our best player
2. Avoided the handful of gaffes and undisciplined plays that have doomed the team in the past.

Even then stepan took 2 penalties, one resulting in the tying goal. Lol

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McDonagh's catch-up speed isn't where it used to be. He's not the same defender anymore.

And even if he wasn't slow, he's still stupid and makes bad decisions. At least that's what I saw today.

I mean, there's no sugarcoating it -- the Rangers sucked today and got bailed out by their goaltender. Doubtful I watch another game for a while after today's train wreck.

McDonagh gets a lot of unfair criticism around here. Today's game, I agree that he wasn't that good, except for his assist, and I don't fault you for making a comment like that, as you said you haven't watched many games so far this season, but he's been a lot better than last season, and isn't far off of how he played in the 13-14 season. He's been one of our best players this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad