Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers - January 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN
Zuccarello on his SO winner: "Well I was horse**** the whole game, so it was nice to help."

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Unfortunately, this was a perfect example of why the Rangers won't win a cup with this roster. They are way too reliant on goaltending and they have to be because the goalie makes all the money.

As for Hank, imagine how many Vezina trophies he would have won by now if he didn't always have one BRUTAL stretch every season.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
As for Hank, imagine how many Vezina trophies he would have won by now if he didn't always have one BRUTAL stretch every season.

No goalie will go 82-0 no matter how good they are. Roy, Hasek, Brodeur etc all have had stretches were they have struggled and looked like trash. That is just the nature of the game.

We're also having 5 skaters blowing chunks in front of him for large periods of time which makes everything worse. There's too much deadweight on this team.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Do wins get uglier than this? They were AWFUL.

Whatever, Hank getting his game back is more important to this team than anything.

Man, some of you guy are just too much. When they play well and lose, they suck. When they win, they suck. Whatever. Philly is no slouch and they have been playing well, especially at home. They are 4-3-1 in the midst of a brutal 9 game stretch. Sometimes your goalie has to steal one. When was the last time we can say that?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Hank was fantastic today, and masked a disgusting effort.

My goodness we are just horrible. And they never learn either. They're too stupid - they won so that signals to do more of the same next game.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
We were outplayed for large parts of the game. I have to give the Flyers new coach some credit. They are playing a lot better than previous seasons. They are not going to be the automatic win they have been for us since the winter classic win.

Hank was Hank. Without his excellent play this is a loss.

Jt Miller has really been impressing me this season. We need Kreider and Hayes to take the same big steps forward that JT has. If they do, this team could be a contender. That is once they get the anchors off the defense of course.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Hank was fantastic today, and masked a disgusting effort.

My goodness we are just horrible. And they never learn either. They're too stupid - they won so that signals to do more of the same next game.

Yup, just horrible. The worst 24-15-5, 3rd in the conference team ever.

RangersOwnNewYork*

You're really asking for it making a post that clearly shows ignorance.

They play like GARBAGE and rely on Hank and nothing else. It's sad.

Ignorance? Really? I didn't say they didn't play poorly, but they still won and Hank stole one. What is ignorant is a blanket statement saying they are horrible which they are not. Lets ignore that there are only 2 teams ahead of them in points in the conference. Lets ignore that they are 4-3-1 against some really good teams the last 8 games. Lets ignore that they have played much better the last 3 weeks. Now that is what's ignorant my friend.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Ignorance? Really? I didn't say they didn't play poorly, but they still won and Hank stole one. What is ignorant is a blanket statement saying they are horrible which they are not. Lets ignore that there are only 2 teams ahead of them in points in the conference. Lets ignore that they are 4-3-1 against some really good teams the last 8 games. Lets ignore that they have played much better the last 3 weeks. Now that is what's ignorant my friend.

Don't cherry pick "my friend". Without that 9 game luck streak this team is probably .500. Oh yeah. And the metro is a horrible division this year.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Don't cherry pick "my friend". Without that 9 game luck streak this team is probably .500. Oh yeah. And the metro is a horrible division this year.

I'm not cherry picking my friend. I'm looking at the season as a whole and not just one game. They have played poorly at times for long stretches and they have also played well. They have some flaws just like every team in the league except for the caps, but they are by no means a bad team and they are starting to play better. I believe they will continue to find their game and will be playing well as the playoffs approach. I've been watching this team play for 40 years and I call it the way I see it. If you don't like what I say then do us both a favor and put me on ignore.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm not cherry picking my friend. I'm looking at the season as a whole and not just one game. They have played poorly at times for long stretches and they have also played well. They have some flaws just like every team in the league except for the caps, but they are by no means a bad team and they are starting to play better. I believe they will continue to find their game and will be playing well as the playoffs approach. I've been watching this team play for 40 years and I call it the way I see it. If you don't like what I say then do us both a favor and put me on ignore.
I just think you aren't paying attention close enough to numbers and how they've played. Yeah, they'll have good games individually. Yet as a whole they still look behind on 75% of the plays, Hank is required to bail them the hell out of 85% of their games. His numbers were inhuman. They obviously took a nosedive and the rest of the team had no answer; there is no adaptation that one can see for a significant amount of time. Until they can string together a few pretty DAMN good 60 minute efforts against teams that aren't trash or gassed then my stance remains the same. Every team has problems. Good teams attempt to fix the problem better than this team has shown.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I watched a game from wire to wire for the first time in months. Here are some takeaways:

1) the defense is a sad joke. Every team now knows its penchant to lose men below the hash marks. Girardi should have his minutes reduced. Yandle is a moron. Staal is a mess. And I think it's time they try to trade McDonagh now while he has worth and a reasonable contract. He is a terribly overrated (and now slow?) defenseman. Collectively, they're a bunch of overpaid poor decision makers.

2) Lundqvist was great. Positioning, tracking net awareness, rebound control... you name it. Where was it the last month+?

3) Stepan is not a good two-way center. He's just a two-way center. It's like they say: the guy who graduates last in his medical school class is still called a doctor.

4) team looks old and slow. They can't handle a forecheck.

5) this team lost its hunger. Might need some new blood who can revive them. Getting rid 5/6 of the defense is not realistic, but I'd be open to trade Kreider or Stepan for a top-2 defender or a top-4 on a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad