Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers: Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Glass has not done his job anyway. He can't grind effectivly, barely drops his gloves and the only thing he agitates is the NYR fans. He hasn't stuck up for anybody either.

What a terrific waste of cash.
I've never seen a player play exactly as advertised, to such an extent. :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kreider out due to grandfather's death...

This could explain some of his erratic play and lack of engagement. Must have been an ongoing thing.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Good game over all. Most of the forwards played well, CK just needs to keep his stick down and be more engaged close to goal. Very sad to hear about his grandfather. Nash has any many SH goals as PP goals

D was good overall, Girardi made some really dumb plays at times though.

Nice to see Talbot dominate the Flyers again, hopefully there is a repeat performance tomorrow.

Congrats to MSL on 1000. Awesome, awesome player, glad he did it as a Ranger

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm wondering since miller was indeed recalled if glass still doesn't play tomorrow... I mean it could be that the flu will still be around, but I'm wondering if it's planned to not play him at all

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Wait, Glass was sick? He wasn't a healthy scratch? I was working so I'm not in the loop today. That's.......just......I give up.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Derek Stepan's superior hockey intelligence was on full display today. As other's have mentioned on this board, its too bad he's a less-than-average skater or he would be an elite player in this league and PPG player for sure.

Hoping McDonagh has shaken off the cobwebs and look for a big game from him tomorrow at MSG.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Only saw the first period due to the fact that my stupid DVR froze. Interesting to hear most people thought Kreider was bad - I actually thought he was one of our better forwards in the first. Must have had an AWFUL last two periods.

Kreider haven't had a good period in a really long time...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dan Boyle's offense seems to finally getting there. He does help the pwp. Almost every game though he's mishandling the puck or throwing it away--sometimes under no pressure at all. Needs to stop that.

Why? Is it that bad if we have a D who don't connect every single time?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Derek Stepan's superior hockey intelligence was on full display today. As other's have mentioned on this board, its too bad he's a less-than-average skater or he would be an elite player in this league and PPG player for sure.

Hoping McDonagh has shaken off the cobwebs and look for a big game from him tomorrow at MSG.

He's not less than average...people make way too big of a deal about his skating. He's not fast but he's not slow, he's probably about average and his balance and general mobility is quite good. Yes he'd be better if he was an above average skater but it is what it is

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Anyone know where I can find advanced stats for teams and skaters for individual games like this one? Any good apps out there for this by chance?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I could watch that 3 on 1 SH goal alllll day :laugh:

Great game. From the Rangers that is, lol.

Flyers are garbo this season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Why? Is it that bad if we have a D who don't connect every single time?

I wasn't talking about missed passes. The point I'm making is he absolutely flubs the play now and again--even unpressured. Passes he makes trickle off of his stick. It's not that they didn't even have enough zip. It's as if he couldn't make up his mind whether to pass or not and sometimes they've been brutal turnovers. He's fighting the puck. It's led to at least one goal against with Malkin. Watch that play over again--the puck slides off his stick. They're mental lapses. I'm actually surprised nobody's mentioned it yet because they seem to happen at least once a game.

Last edited:

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
He's not less than average...people make way too big of a deal about his skating. He's not fast but he's not slow, he's probably about average and his balance and general mobility is quite good. Yes he'd be better if he was an above average skater but it is what it is
Yep. 100% correct. His skating is not bad at all and his size is underrated as well. He looks pretty close to if not at 6'1".

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Glad, Mcd is finally back. This defensive corp scares me to death without him.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Missed this game. Wanted to see the return of McDonagh, and from reading a rather short post game thread I surmise he did just fine for first game back. I welcome his return sooooo much.

Nice to see Boyle score, it was just a matter of time. Too much talent and quality for him to not be cashing in.

Edit: ha, forgot about that one-timer for his first goal the other night. He's going to get more. Always great to see scoring from defencemen.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

He is a ppg player right now

His skating is fine

He's one of the smartest centers in the league may win a selke one day in my opinion

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
He is a ppg player right now

His skating is fine

He's one of the smartest centers in the league may win a selke one day in my opinion

He absolutely has the defensive ability to win it.

Unfortunately, the Selke is a largely reputation award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad